🎵64🎵

"Thats all for today, class dismissed." Ten informed his students and headed to the locker room. As they greeted and left him one by one, a slow smile worked its way across his face "Have a good day."

Ten took heed of the nearly empty room. Falling back on the ground, he drank down the drink at hand. Teaching isnt easy but thanks to being it so tough, he was able to distract himself for a while.

"I miss her..." He mumbled to himself while drifting down to his misery. Its been almost a week since he last saw y/n. what he feared the most, has come true, she was drawn more to her childhood friends than the current ones.

He heard a distant footsteps behind him. "Miss who?" looking up, his eyes locked with a woman who was staring back earnestly at him. "Aisha, what brings you to my class?"

"Well, just wanted to check up on you. You're just so occupied these days that you dont even get the time to join us in gatherings." Aisha was one of the many teachers Ten worked with ever since he joined this field. What made her stand out among them was that she always looked out for him and helped him filling up the classes.

Even if they were similar in age, Aisha is a lot taller than the latter. he cant help but feel tiny beside her. "So, what had you so busy, are you seeing someone?"

"No..." slightly blushing, he gave a nervous glance at the clock.

"Then? I just heard you say 'I miss her'. It's not your mother you're thinking of, right?" only the mention of the mother compelled Ten to speak out the truth. to him, the truth was much better than to admit that he missed his mother, the so-called mother whom he hasnt seen for the last five years, "There's someone I keep thinking about..."

"Really? I didnt imagine someone like 'Ten Lee' can bring himself to like someboy. tell me about it!" she raised an eyesbrow to bother the confused one, all ears to what he was going to say next.

"I dont know what it is but...without her, everyday feels so empty. Im always thinking of the times when we called each other for no reason and talked all night. but now she is always... unreachable." his voice sounded strangely down in the empty room, convincing his colleague that he was really upset about the situation.

"That odviously means you miss her, but in what term? as a friend? as a big brother? or a...boyfriend?" just hearing the second option made his stomach sick. But then the question wasnt that bad. 

He kept asking himself what he felt for her. If he doesnt like her that way, what can explain the emotions he's feeling at the moment. Or when he sees her, Its as if he found his happiness.

"Look at you, so lost in thoughts. I bet you like her a lot, huh?" Aisha nudged him with a teasing smile. the comment brought a blush to his cheeks, "Whatever it is, Its for the best that she doesnt know about how I feel."

Excitement dropping down as quickly as it it appeared, Aisha was beginning to get rather confused, "Why would you say something like that? If you like her, you should let her know about it."

A smile returned to his lips, masking the pain he wasnt familiar with yet, "What if she doesnt feel the same and... it ends up ruining everything we have."

"But keeping it to yourself would be much more painful than what can happen. How long do you plan to carry this heavy feeling around!"

At last, Ten sighs in defeat, "...What if its not what she wants... she was troubled in the past because I only thought of myself and took selfish decisions. I cant repeat the same mistake."

.

.

.

——♬ —— ——♬ —— ——♬ ——

.

.

.

"Whats taking them so long?" Hendery asked Xiaojun, then his eyes shifted to the living room, where the other players were gathered. many of them had the same question, "Just how long?"

"I told you, It'll take a lot of time to prepare the game. Renjun and Chenle requested us to play, we cant back off after agreeing to it. Just be patient."

"So, we're basically, heeding to some teenager's request, we're spoiling them for sure." he let lose a impatient sigh.

"What's so wrong with that? Besides, I've already checked all your schedules. None of you have anything to do today." as soon as they were done talking, Chenle and Renjun entered the room with Sicheng following behind.

Hendery reached out to fist bump, but they ignored him. He stared in disbelieve, "Did you see that?" but none of them were paying attention  because they were all eager to start the game, "We're about to play a treasure hunt game today." he was greeted with applause from the group.

"Woah, thats a unique way to say hello." Onda whispered to yiren and they both suppressed a giggle. 

"Once the game starts, you all have to look for ribbons hidden in the mountain. There are boundaries you cant cross. We have hidden it within the boundary. We'll devide you in pairs and the pair who finds the most ribbons will be the winner." 

"Sounds fun." Yangyang clapped his hands in excitement. Of course in terms of physical games, he held himself to be the best one. But seeing him so overconfident, yiren felt the urge to mock him, "I dont think anyone can decide the winner yet, how about you turn down that confidence of yours."

"You-" Yangyang wanted to curse but held himself back, "I'll let it slide this time but I'll show you who's the real winner today."

Xj and Sicheng were MC with the teens, they were to wait on the finish line for the winners to arrive. Xj had informed them about their new friends, so that they could prepare beforehand. "Each pair was chosen randomly. I'll now announce the names." yeah, that sounded so convincing.

"Yangyang and Yiren." The mentioned two were loss of words to say. It came as a complete shock to them when they were just a second ago, ready to beat each other.

But when they tried to complain, Renjun continued with the names as if he heard nothing. 

Helplessly, they slumped back and glared at one another.

"Onda and Hendery." All were silent, expectant of what was to follow. it was high time, of course, they were aware that these were two sworn enemies.

With wide open eyes, turning her head, Onda found the boy beside her. who has until now remained as still and silent as herself. 

At last, she stood up to protest when Hendery cuts her off at the same time, "Im okay with it."

They all mirrored the same expression, surprised. It really wasnt any Hendery-like thing they expected. The person who hated just the thought of breathing the same air with Onda, has agreed on something which was based on complete teamwork. 

Spotting them all so speechless, he began to explain himself, "I mean ... it's just for fun, right? Why would I hurt them by going against it."

'So, thats how it is...' Onda thought to herself and stepped back. His intention was purely not to go against his little brothers. what else would it be for...maybe for a split second, she found hope in those words.

"At last we have, Ten, y/n and Kun." The besties bursts into smiles and high-fived. They seemed satisfied with their partners, but little did they know, someone was missing.

Ten stood far away, so that he could only stare at how happy they were to play together. He wished to be him...He wished to be the person y/n smiled at. Once again, he had to shrug off these thoughts to act like nothing happened, mask away his emotions and pretend like everything's fine. Looking back, he felt like he didnt want to join and ruin the fun for them.

"Looks like you made up." Chenle approached y/n, a smile of satisfaction lit up his eager face, "Oh, in case you didnt know, It was my plan to put the three of you together. guess I didnt choose wrong."

"The pairs werent chosen randomly after all." y/n folds her arms over her chest and glared. but she couldnt fake it any longer and softened in Chenle's smile, "You sneaky."