🎵75 - Final Chapter🎵

The whole stadium was filled with an intense silence. The air almost stiff as anticipation beamed on everyone's eyes. Everyone except for the ones standing on the stage, holding onto their opponent's hands for life. They were all equally shaken, heart racing quicker in each passing seconds.

One of the judge walked up to the stage with the winner's name on their hand, he brought the mic closer to to his mouth, "The winner of this dance competition is-" hands clutched more tightly with one another, everyone held onto their breathe, "Lee y/n!"

Y/n dropped on her knees, her body losing all strength to stand still as she covered her face in shock. Her opponents crowded around to hug her through the celebration.

She walked to the front of the stage, holding on to the mic and trembling as the MC handed her the award of first place, "Thank you-" she stuttered. The audience erupted in loud cheerings and applauses. She spoke her words of gratitude and walked backstage.

Her friends stood there with a huge boutique on their arms, all jumping on her the moment she showed up, "I knew you could do this!!" Hendery squeezed her into a tight hug, Sicheng patted her head and Onda came running, "You did it girl!!" as she parted from her girl-friend, Xiaojun approached her with another proud smile, "Good job and keep it up."

She scans her group of friends, looking for that one person she's been thinking of the whole night but he was nowhere to be found, "Where's Ten?" y/n turned to her friends with a hopeful look. But it disappeared as soon as she noticed the nervous stares and gloomy faces.

At last Onda stepped up, her hands fiddling as she spoke, "y/n sweety, he said he cant make it today...how about we celebrate by ourselves?"

Disappointed was the first thing she felt. Her heart dropped as all the excitement that has been building up came crumbling down. Amazing how one person can make all her happiness disappear within a split second.

She forced a smile towards her friends. Making them feel like they didnt mean anything to her on her special day was the last thing she wished for, "Of course, lets go to our usual place, shall we?" they once again brimmed with joy and rushed to their car.

Once they all took seat inside the car, y/n slumped back in tiredness. Onda as her seatmate, was too busy texting someone in her phone hence didnt pay anymore attention to her. The boys were also conversing quietly on the front seat, which she was grateful for. She doubts she could take anymore attention.

She thought back to the day when the thought of participating in a competition first came to her mind. Even the thought of standing on the stage, being judged by thousand of strangers frightened her. She always pushed it to the back of her mind.

Until Ten encouraged and assured her throughout the way. They practised day and night, creating their own choreography and going through every steps carefully, leaving no mistakes unattended.

Y/n had come to know a new side of Ten from their dance sessions. She realised how passionate he was for his dance, which she doesnt doubt with how successful he is now.

But the path wasnt so smooth as it sounded. She noticed their friendship shifting to something she was afraid to face. After all those times they spent with each other, y/n couldnt help but notice how slowly he was drifting away from her. Avoiding her, sometimes not even making eye contact throughout their classes.

And now, on the most important day, the day they've waiting for, he wasnt even there. She wondered what was the point of winning when the person she won for wasnt even there.

He didnt ruin her happiness, he is her happiness.

The car suddenly came to a halt, causing her to break out from the train of thoughts, "Are we here?" she asked but none of them bothered to answer her. Y/n looked out of the window, realising they werent even anywhere near the location she set on her mind, "where are we?" Onda turned to her, sliding a soothing hand over her tensed one, "We're right where you're supposed to be."