🎵42🎵

Just after the rain stopped,Ten and y/n were able to get out of the building. cool breeze still settled across the places. roads were slippery with puddles filled here and there.

despite running a fever, y/n refused ten's help while walking. she stumbled few times, only to be caught in the hands of other.

when they reached her house, both halted outside the door. Ten brought medicines from the nearest pharmacy. "dont forget to take them on time" accepting it, y/n stepped back.

he continued, "lock the windows properly before you go to sleep. the wind can make your cold worse. I'll be back tomorrow. then we can see a doctor together. "

what he was oblivious of was that y/n rolled her eyes between his talk. why wouldnt she, all the way to home, she was only yelled at for being careless and running off in the rain. his advices weren't stopping there but more offers followed as if he intended to fix her overnight.

"i don't want you to come by tomorrow" from the moment these words left her, ten shifted his interest in everything but at her. he turned left from right to check the nearby places.

"did i make myself clear...?"

"yeah. yeah, sure." no way in air did his words sounded convincing enough. she let out a sigh. "sorry for wasting your time. I'll pay you back for medicines."

as if something about her words hurt him like a stabbing knife, the caring and calm ten suddenly raised his voice in anger. he stepped toward with a cold stare. "Can you stop saying that everytime we're together! what did I ever do to make you feel like that."

"..."

he was right. nothing he said or did made it look like they were wasting their time on each other. at least not tonight. the past hours they spent together, y/n considered it to be her most relieved moment among the last few days. but there was still these mean thoughts that kept on reminding her that he was too good for her.

upon realising his mistake, Ten sighed. his gaze immediately softened. "im sorry i shouldnt have shouted like that." stepping closer until they were few inces apart, he planted a light kiss on her forhead.

"sleep well." with the fever running inside her, her visions were spinning like crazy. adding the other's sudden touch, it made things worse.

between the beat of silence, she felt her heartbeat quicken as they stared at each other for good half minute.

"I'll come by tomorrow." acting all innocent, he stepped away.

'been talking to a wall the whole time'

"Go on. ill leave after you." hearing it, y/n turned around and made her way to the door. she pretended to close it but peeked from the edge.

Ten stood around for the next five to ten minutes. until he was sure enough that no danger awaits her. it left all kinds of question in her mind, 'im sure something is bothering him...we didnt even get to the 'urgent' matter he wanted to speak of...'

when the other one's shadow was nowhere around y/n's house, two men, covered in black cloths came out of the bushes. they had their face covered with masks. one of them pushed a device in his hand to get his words to the other, "our target is alone. we can move now."

.
.

.
.
.
.
       ——♬ —— ——♬ —— ——♬ ——
.
.
.
.

.
.

the moment y/n threw herself in the the bed, deep slumber crept its way to her eyes. every part of her body was stinging in pain. it held no stength to even budge.

the very next second, a loud sound came off from downstairs. as if some sort of glass was clashed with the floor. she assumed it to be her father. with a long time of fighting with her strength, she walked to the kitchen.

not even bothering to turn the light on, y/n made her way forward. her legs threatened to fall anytime soon. "dad, have you eaten-" the sight of the kitchen was messed up with dishes thrown all around the floor. but surprisingly no one was there to cause it. "dad...?"

the pitch black sight of her gave off no chance to walk forward. but as she slowly moved to the living room, her visions were lighted up. 'thats weird ... I remember switching off the lights' with great difficulty, she carried her limp body inside the room. "dad...?"

there she saw, the door which has been certainly closed a while ago, was left widely open. a man's shadow stood before it.

chill ran down her spine when she noticed the shadow moving toward her in the blackness. she felt the urge to run, hide, scream. but the case didnt seem to be that simple.

another man jumped out and held her tightly from behind before she could even react.

he pressed a piece of cloth against half of her face. her hand reached out to push him away anyhow she could. but that man's strength was nothing compared to her fragile state.

her chest constricts with terror and it became harder to breathe by the second. the more she gasped for breath, the more suffocation fell upon her. air tightens around her with an invisible force threatening to close her eyes.

the fight from her side couldnt last long before black visions covered her eyes.

observing y/n's senseless state, the man who stood ahead the whole time, finally approached. he checked her breath to make sure their prey was still alive.

"If it wasnt for that guy following her the whole way, we wouldve been done with this a long time ago."

"do you think he guessed what we were up to? "

the other said nothing. as if he wasnt sure enough to reply, "put her in the car."