🎵47🎵

Dead silence meets the room. even the sobbing sounds were quietly replaced with it.

Not even letting a second thought pass her mind, y/n replied harshly, "keep it to yourself. I aint a loser like you."

Like a knife stabbing on the pride, Grace exploded in anger. she walked from front to back in frustration, "Is this your attitude after saying you'll do anything for me!"

y/n didnt look up from the ground, but chose silence. she knew that It was the only way to concede defeat to her enemy. 

'if this is how you're going to be, i might have to run some memories on you' grace thought.

At the same time, an evil smile flashed on her face. she figured what exactly y/n should be hearing right now.

Something that can break her confidence and make her quaver in fear, "thats sad. the last person i got rid of was quick enough to take my suggestion." stealing a glance, there was still no reaction from the other side.

"what was her name again....was it...Rinzy...Eunji or something?" just like an aim hitting the target, the next movement y/n made brought up all the excitement in her.

'Eunji...? it cant be...it has to be someone else...i shouldnt react to it since thats what she wants from me.' 

"Oh I remember, she was involved with Ten too. you can see how hard i worked just to get here-"

'its really her...' since y/n was close to the limit of her endurance, the question involuntarily came out of her, "what do you mean... how do you know Eunji...what did you do to her?!" 

"So I got your attention now." even when the evil laughed on her, y/n simply couldnt stay quiet. 'thats right...I give in. I need to get to the bottom of this. this isnt about me anymore'

"That girl was the last one i got rid of. she was quite a headache too."

"I knew it. it was you who forced her to do all those dirty jobs... then made her kill herself..."

The moment of realization made the time stop. y/n began to think of every bad things that has happened since then. but to think that the guilty one was standing there, enjoying it the whole time...

"why?! what the hell did you gain?!"

grace ignored her continuous shouting. instead, she closed in with a load of amazement,
"Now that i think about it. you both have a lot in common.

Sharing the same friends,

Choosing the same partner,

Then messing with the same wrong person."

"..." 'I knew a third person was forcing Eunji to do all those things. turns out it was the same psycho who played with all of our lives. 

she must have seen Eunji as threat...all this time, Sicheng and Xiaojun blamed Ten... but turns out it was this jealous creep who wanted to get rid of her hated ones'

"penny for your thoughts?"

"..."

"If you do everything i say, i'll keep your friends, including Ten, unharmed. but if you dont, i'll make sure they all meet dead end."

"you're crazy."

"I take that as a compliment."

"..."

"Think about it, what can probably happen if you just...die

your friends would just think you were just another attention seeker who couldnt stand being rejected then got rid of yourself... just how they think of Eunji-"

"You're wrong." the sudden words flinced the other one.

Disturbance kicked in her,"what!"

"They dont think of her like that. they still love her just how they did back then. if anything changed, it has to be that they blame themselves for not caring enough."

"is that so-"

"Its you who'll never understand the feeling of being important to someone!"

As each words were thrown at, the more disorted Grace's face became in anger.

Standing up, she slapped the sitting person. as if it wasnt enough, she sprinted to get any nearby object. 

but her assistant was quick enough to stop the intended action. "Miss, its enough! we should get out of here." 

"ARGH!" grace throws down the object from her hand. which resulted in a loud noise. but no one dared to budge. "I'll kill you!!!"

when they finally left the place, y/n let out a long sigh. it was a lot to take in for her. 

Ten's accident, 

Eunji's death...

more than what has happened, she worried about what can happen next.

'if it continues, this psycho might end up killing everyone.' Involuntarily, her eyes landed on the medicine placed on the table. 

Even if she held up her chin high infront of the enemy, she felt defeated inside.

'if i want to protect them from afar, it cant be the only way. they'll never forgive me if i choose this path...'

as each second passed and there were no more thought to think over, she drifted back on her decision.

'i'll stay in this dark place if it means i can protect them...

Im slowly sinking into it...

Im almost completely drowning in this darkness.

Im completely willing to let it ruin me if it meant I could escape this hell that had become my reality...

just a little more...'

'Don't.' confusion quickly followed. 

'that wasn't my voice...' the voice, there was something familiar about it but the darkness was making her feel numb and it was becoming harder and harder to think...

'If I could just let it end me...'

'don't!' the voice once again seemed to bounce around inside her head. It was more enraged now. 

'don't give up...'

'who...?'

'you're stronger than this...' that voice, it couldn't be...

'you'll hold on until I get to you.' Ten...that's who's voice it was. 

'promise me... promise me you'll keep fighting.'

The darkness that she had been so adamant on letting herself drown in a few seconds ago was now suddenly her enemy.

'ofcourse my friends have'nt given up on me. they've been looking for me the whole time. why should i give in to those worthless threats...

I'd keep fighting. I had to. At least until they get to me.'

somewhere in her hazy fragile state, she heard another voice.

 "I promise." her voice.】