🎵73🎵

"Hey bud, wanna talk about it?" the bed shuffled under her, other than it, there was only silence. "I won't force you to if you dont want to but it looks like you wont be getting any sleep if you dont let off some steam" another shuffling then Yangyang sat up in his mattress, facing away. His hair a mess, his face covered in gloom. At least she knew he was ready to talk.

Its been hours since Yiren let the boy enter her room through the window, giving him a place to be while the storm die down. Even if she had zero idea about what happened back in y/n's house, she didnt miss the fact that the boy was completely heartbroken, thus giving him a mattress and blanket to sleep on the floor.

Yiren sat up following the other, "What happened down there?" Yangyang buried his head between his knees, muffling his voice, "I got upset." yiren hummed as she shifted closer to his side, "why did you get upset?"

"What do you mean why!?!? I just learned that my best friend's been lying to me for over a year. We promised to never keep secrets and she goes on hiding all her struggles and lying to me like I mean nothing to her. We've been face timing for 350 out of 356 days and she didnt even give me even a glimpse of her sadness. She just simply didnt think of me as her own...like our friendship meant nothing to her."

Yiren quietly listened to him rambling. She could clearly tell that the boy was in mess of thoughts with the turn of events. He's been lied to, making him feel left out. But that didnt stop her from rubbing salt in his wounds, "Never keeping secrets, what are you? Five year olds?"

"What do you know about us! Just shut the hell up!"

"She did what had to be done. We're all grown enough to solve our own problems instead of always involving someone in our personal life, Its called acting like an adult, you idiot." Yangyang freezed from her words, his eyes widening, "The least she could do was enlight me about her family, we're best friends! Does my feelings mean nothing here?!?!"

"Oh yeah, tell me mr. always right, what would you have done if she told you beforehand."

"I would do anything to help her, Kun-ge too-"

"Its not about Kun, Its about you. She didnt tell you because she knew you would act like this. Getting mad and fussing over everything when you dont even realise that you're in no place to help her."

"Shut up!"

"Truth hurts!"

His lack of sleep tiring him down, thoughts a mess, he knew Yiren said nothing but the truth last night. He was indeed...quiet incapable of helping his best friend. All along Kun has been the one providing him, supporting him as he lazed around. Even if he knew about y/n's life, he could've done nothing to help her.

The most he could do was feel bad for her through his phone screen and wish that somehow he could magically remove her problems. Which wouldn't helped in any way. Because until now, he has never realised how careless he was about his life and everyone around him.

It was way early in the morning when Yangyang made up his mind. He ran to the next door and catched his breathe before knocking. He could already imagine facing an angry Kun, shouting at him for his carelessness.

Very lightly, he knocked on the door. The first few knocks were barely there but he heaved a long breathe and knocked again. This time, there were shifts from the other side of the door, storming his way. The door opened revealing a tired Hendery, eyes widened at his presence. They didnt share any words of greetings, instead the lad moves out of the way to let him in.

Yangyang felt guilty as he walked in. All his friends were there, in the living room, standing up once they saw him. He heard someone calling out his name in a crying voice and making their way towards him. He got crushed in a tight hug as he realised, he was hugging his best friend. After everything he put her through, she was still willing to welcome him with a warm hug, it almost broke him, almost.

"Im so glad you're back." he looked up to see Kun glaring at him behind her shoulder. Thats fair, he deserves a beating for making them all so worried, specially y/n...

Once they parted, he took a long look at her exhausted face. Then they both spoke at the same time, "Im sorry." they looked up, "What are you sorry for, Im the one who should apologise for causing this big mess. I didnt even think about what you had to go through all alone...Im sorry"

y/n looked surprised with his way of thinking, tears welling up in her eyes, "I never meant to hide it from you...its just that things turned out this way and I couldn't burden you with my problems."

"Im not mad at you...Im mad at myself...for being so useless. I get it why you didnt tell me...I wouldnt be much of a help anywa-"

"Thats not true."

"What...?"

"You helped me so much. More than I could ever imagine. You were always there at the end of my days, cheering me up, making it all worth it. Somedays you were the reason I could go on...and I didnt want you stop looking at me the way you did...I was being selfish...I kept you in the dark for so long when you clearly deserved to know the truth...Im sorry..."

Both erupted in a tight hug, tears streaming down their faces, once in a really long time, they came to realise how important they were for each other. Then came Kun from behind, clearing his throat as they parted. "Kun-ge, Im sorry."

"Im glad you realised your mistake. But you need to know something... "

"What is it?"

"We're leaving next week."