Chapter 5

Brooklynn POV

"Billie I'm not letting you buy me another phone really its ok." I sighed as we pulled up to the apple store. She just got out the car without saying anything. I just sat in the car not knowing what to do.

After a while she had came back with two bags. "Ok so I got you the iPhone 11 and some airpods pro, cool?" I looked at her like she was stupid. "No not cool, bil I told you no." "And I told you I wasn't taking no for an answer." She shrugged.

She began to pull out of the parking lot. We were driving to god knows where and I just looked out the window. Why would she buy me things, i mean I appreciate it but I don't like when people spend their money on me.

I'm not a gold digger type of person. we literally just met in person. My thoughts were cut off when the car came to a stop. "Where are we?" I asked. "My house." She replied simply and got out of the car.

I carefully got out the car and followed her. She opened the door and I started to look around. She grabbed my hand and interlaced our fingers together. I'm guessing we're going to her room. We walked up some stairs and into a room with red led lights.

She had a lot of shoes, and a lot of chains. She sat on the bed and I sat in front of her, we never let go of each others hand. She was just staring into my eyes and out of no where I wanted to kiss her. 

"I wanna talk to you for a moment." She said softly. I nodded. She grabbed my other hand and raised up both of my sleeves. I looked down. "Why are you doing this to yourself, and where are those bruises from?" She said quietly.

"I-I fell." I lied. I looked away. "Your lying, one thing I noticed about you is when you lie you look away." She said.  She lifted my head up by my chin, then scooted closer to me holding eye contact. 

"Why are you hurting yourself?" She said quietly. "I-I don't know I guess I j-just feel like I deserve it." I've never told anyone about my problems, but I feel like I can trust billie. "Why?" She asked. "At times I just feel like I'm the reason my mom is dead."

I let a tear slip from my eye. "What happened to your mom wasn't your fault, I'm sure she knew the risk when she had you." I just cried, sometimes my dad gets to my head. She scooted closer to me and hugged me. "Shh baby its ok."

We're gonna skip the baby part, I know billie likes to call people that. 

Billie's POV

I don't know what it was, but seeing her cry really hurt me. "You know what I think?" I said quietly. She sniffled and wiped her tears. "No?" She finally wrapped her hands around me, hugging me back.

"I think your mom would've been proud of you." I looked down at her and she looked up. "I- what?" "I mean I only known you for a few days, but I can tell your amazing, and I also think she would've been proud that you're still here."

She looked down and pulled away from the hug. "Do you think she would've...been disappointed in me if I were to leave?" She said quietly, "W-what do you mean?" Was she trying to kill herself?

"I-" She stopped herself. I grabbed her hands and waited patiently. "I was...gonna overdose on pills...the day you texted me about whatever you were trying to get back." She said quietly. That whole sentence brought tears to my eyes.

If I would've never texted her she would be gone. "C-can you p-please stay f-for me at least." I wiped my tears. She stayed silent, "Please." I whispered. I saw her wipe her tears, "O-okay. Can you take me home now." She asked quietly.

"Y-yea." I got up and grabbed ,y keys then grabbed her hand.

__

I dropped her off a while ago, when we got there it was a lot of bags on the porch, maybe I should call her to see how she's doing.

Brooklynn's POV

My stuff was on the porch when I got here, when I went in the house my dad just pushed me right back out. Which I now have a cut on my forehead. My phone started buzzing.

Incoming FaceTime call from Bil...

Shit what do I do. Should I just tell her I'm just sitting outside to enjoy the weather. Yea that sounds good. I answered and I saw her beautiful face. "Hi mamas." I looked around to make sure my dad didn't hear.

I mean even though I'm outside, I'm pretty sure he can still hear me. "Hey bil." I heard some shuffling before I saw her under the covers staring at me. "What?" I chuckled. "Nothing your just like really pretty." I felt my face heat up and I knew I was blushing.

I turned the camera away from me. "Nooo baby I'm sorry turn it back." I rolled my eyes and turned the camera back to me. "Do you call everyone baby?" I asked. I saw her blush and she covered her face.

"Uh yeah sure." She mumbled. She quickly changed the subject. "Why are you outside." I looked away. "I'm just...enjoying the weather." She squinted her eyes. "At night?" She asked. "Yup." I looked away again.

"Your lying...why are you outside mama. And why is there a cut on your forehead?" I looked down not wanting to tell her the truth. I heard some shuffling then she sat her phone down so I was looking at the ceiling. "I'll be back." I heard her say.

Billie's POV

I walked downstairs to my mom room and knocked on the door. I heard a faint come in before I opened the door. "Hey mom, dad can I talk to you guys." I sat on the bed. "Of course what is it." I looked down and started playing with my rings.

"You remember Brooklynn right?" They both nodded. "Would it be cool if she stays here?" They looked at me for a while. "Is it ok with her parents?" My mom ask. "Well that's the thing, I think...I don't know, I just think bad things are happening."

"So please." I begged. "Okay." My mom said quietly. "Wait really?" She nodded. "Thank you thank you thank you!" I hugged her then ran upstairs. "I'm back." I smiled happily. "You're happy." She smiled. "I am, I have good news for you." I said in a sing song voice.

"And what is that Ms. Eilish." I scrunched up my nose. "Don't call me that." I mumbled. I saw her roll her eyes. "Wait I'll call you back." I quickly hung up so she can be suspicious. I grabbed my keys and put on my shoes and headed out the door.

I quickly got in my car and drove to her house where I saw her sitting on the porch. "Hi." I said softly once I walked up. She looked at me confused. "Why are you here?" I don't think she meant that in a mean way.

"Well your gonna stay with me."

____________________________________

A/n: Hi guys, how are you? I hope you like this chapter. Sorry for mistakes, stay safe love you.!

1259 words