Chapter 35

Billie's POV

I stared at her in shock. "I-I uh b- well it's just- um, I uh don't know." I said while scratching the back of my neck. "You don't know huh?" She said. "N-no, can we go to Taco Bell now." I said. She giggled and got up and walked downstairs. 

I sighed and grabbed her phone before following her. When I got downstairs she wasn't there. "Mom where did she go?" I asked my mom who was sitting on the couch watching tv. "Outside." Is all she said.

I grabbed my keys and walked outside. I saw her sitting in my car on my phone. I got in and sighed. "Are you going to have my phone all day?" I asked. "Yup." She said without taking her eyes off the screen.

"What about your phone?" I asked. "I wanna play with yours." She said cutely and looked at me with puppy dog eyes. "Fuck you know I can't say no to you." I said. She smiled and continued to play her game.

I smiled and shook my head, "You know your like a big baby." She looked at me as I put the keys in the ignition. "I'm a...big baby?" She asked. "Yea, but your my big baby." She rolled her eyes and giggled.

"Just drive billie." I chuckled and pulled out of the driveway. We arrived at Taco Bell after a while. "What you want mama?" I said. "Um whatever your getting is fine." She said still not taking her eyes off the screen.

"Ok." I said and pulled into the drive thru. "Hi welcome to Taco Bell are you ready to order?" The lady said. "Uh yea, let me get 6 bean burritos, no cheese just beans." I said. "Ok your total is $7.74." I let out a small ok and pulled up to the next window.

I paid the lady and drove to the next window. "Billie?" Brooke said. "Yes." I said and looked at her. "Can we maybe find me a job." She said and paused her game. "Um sure I guess, what do you wanna do?" I asked.

The lady opened the window and handed me our food. I thanked her and gave the bag to brooke to make sure all of our food was there. She nodded and I pulled off. "Well I don't really know what I wanna do, I just kind of wanna be able to pay for stuff." She mumbled.

"What happened to your money that you saved for your car?" I asked her. "Well I used that to buy my other phone and stuff." She mumbled. "Oh, well I can give you some money until you get a job." I offered.

"No no no don't do that." She said quickly. "Ok jeez." I mumbled. We stopped at a red light. "I wanna go to the park." brooke said after a while of silence.  "Uh ok." I said, "Are you ok?" I asked.

She only really likes going to the park when she needs to clear her head. "Um yea I'm fine." She mumbled. The light turned green and I drove to the park that was by my house. I parked the car and looked at her.

"Talk to me." I said. She turned my phone off and looked down. "I just feel bad because your always paying for stuff, and I don't wanna come off as me using you, you know?" She said. 

"Well I know your not using me so don't feel bad about it. If I'm offering it, you're not using me ok." She nodded, "What made you think you were using me." She didn't say anything.

"Why do you really have my phone mama?" I said softly. She still didn't say anything. I opened her phone, she still hasn't changed her password.

 I went through it and saw a bunch of messages on instagram saying that she's using me, and that she doesn't deserve me. I looked at her and furrowed my eyebrows. 

"Your phone doesn't have so many messages like mine, well you do, but not about what's mine about." She said quietly. "Why didn't you tell me?" I asked, "I didn't wanna bother you with my problems, I felt like that's where I went wrong." She mumbled.

"No I want you to tell me when something is bothering or hurting you, I want to know these things so I can help. I told you I'll always be here for you." I said. She looked out the window and sighed. 

"Maybe I don't deserve you." She mumbled. "Hey no don't say that, look at me." She hesitated, but turned towards me. 

"Don't say that, ok? You deserve everything including me, forget what they say, I just have had bad experiences with people. That's why they do that." I said as I held her hand. 

"I want you to tell me when this happens again ok?" She nodded. "No mama I don't know what that means." I said. "Okay." She sighed. "Thank you. I'll let you keep my phone for today ok?" "Okay." She said.

"Cmon." I said and got out of the car. She followed me with the bag of food in her hand. I sat down on the bench. She sat next to me and handed me the bag. 

"Here, three of these are yours." I said and handed her the bag back. She grabbed one of them and handed me the bag back. "I wanna eat the rest at home." She said. I smiled because she called it her home.

I grabbed one out of the bag and opened it. We ate in a comfortable silence occasionally talking about little stuff. Brooke finished her burrito the same time I finished my second burrito.

She got up and started walking. I furrowed my eyebrows and wrapped my third burrito back up. "Hey where are you going!" I shouted out to her. I caught up with her and she was going to the swings. 

"Oh." I chuckled We both sat down. "When I was little, I used to come to the park to escape from my dad." She said as she started to swing. "It was always my escape from the world, besides music." She said.

"Why didn't you ever call the police?" I asked. "I did actually, they didn't do anything though. My dad was always nice when we were outside so they didn't believe me even when I showed them the bruises."

She sighed, "He beat me after they left." I looked at her swing. "But the swings would always make me happy." She smiled a little. I love seeing her smile. "Your smile is pretty." She chuckled.

"You have mentioned it before." I smiled and sat our food down and started to swing with her. "Hey brooke?" I said. "Yea?" She said. "Do you...ever miss our relationship?" I asked. She stopped swinging and so did I.

She stared at me for a moment before talking, "Yea all the time, When we broke up it was terrible for me, but then again now that I thought about it, it would've been better than cheating on me." She said.

"So I understand why you did it now, and I think I officially forgive you." She said. I smiled and got up and so did she. I hugged her my eyes started to water. "I-I have something I wanna tell you." I said. "What is it?" She asked.

"I-I still love you, and I don't think I was ever over you."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n- Sorry for mistakes, stay safe love you.!

1243 words