He Was There

My Mind Wanders Many places, To find out what i did wrong. But no trace. 

Nothing. 

The rain was pounding harder than ever and i was shivering, Emotionless seeing My Boyfriend Cuddling up with some Girl. 

I was furious my Mind was swarmed with many thoughts to at least get revenge. But i wasn't that type of person and i never will be. Because if i slip just once, I might not be able to control myself. I had an anchor and it was him But now that was gone too. Like everything in my life 

The betrayal, Hatred, Jealousy Everything that makes you who you are. 

Why me?

I huff out a laugh when i sense a presence beside me. 

"I knew it" he mutters 

I straighten my shoulders and shift my weight

"you're going to get wet" i crack 

"Nah i'm pretty dry how about you?" he attempts to make a joke but i'm in no mood to laugh not when my heart just broke into millions of pieces. My smile falters when he looks at me with such pity. 

"i'm sorry" he mumbles shoving his hands into his pockets while the rain just slides down his face in such a beautiful manner. 

"For what?"

"I wish i could take your pain away" he says now facing me fully 

"What is truly life if we didn't have pain?" i question now turning to him 

"He was a Dick anyways" he shrugs 

He clutches my hand when i hear his familiar giggle, turning my head shifting my gaze to him, Yawning and putting an arm over her shoulder. Wow What a classic. 

But the person right in front of me drags his thumbs across my hand easing the tension. My hair sticks to my forehead and i can no longer bear to look when he kisses her. Her laugh carved into my mind, And this is the part where i break down. He shushes me when he pulls me into his chest. 

The mascara i worked long and hard for was smearing, and my used to be dry curly hair was now tangled and wet. I squint my eyes shut Just maybe the pain will go away and he will take it from me. But you can only hope

He was there for me But i never was for him. Now i understand Why. 

We Weren't Enemies And we were definitely not lovers.

Then What were we?

I know It was the In another lifetime kind of trope or maybe the Everyone knew except for them? 

Who knows for sure? 

All i know is that from this moment on they were infinite and that all their moments would go away i was certain. Maybe i wasn't But you can only dream of what is there to come for them.