Dance

(While reading this story listen to "Us" by James bay)

It was officially homecoming night, the dance where in every movie the girl has a sparkling dress. Sometimes she would be the new girl and get asked out by the popular guy and sooner or later they fall i love. Well instead of love at first sight it would be childhood friends to lovers. Jj finally got over the nerves and was bold enough to ask her out. She borrowed kies purple dress and kie bought a red one. You can say the girl was nervous. People would kill to get asked out by jj. 

Even for homecoming 

Jj picked me up and we drove towards a restaurant 

"you know there's food at the party" i laugh but he shrugs his shoulders grabbing my hand and leading me down the hallway of a fancy restaurant he payed reservations for. "Oh my" i say stunned by the dim lights and wine glasses clinking together. Candles and white tablecloths cover the small table only seated for two and plants hanging by a thread connected to the ceiling. A little italian restaurant jj payed?. I still couldn't believe it myself. We sat down and jj tried to be a gentlemen sliding my seat out for me only resulting in the wooden chairs sliding awfully loudly against the wood floor. He winces while i sit down and tries and i repeat tries to push the chair back in. 

"it won't budge" he whispers and i giggle

"it's wood jj its gonna be harder to push and i have my feet on the ground stopping you from doing so" with that he nods adjusts his tie and sits down himself scooting his chair closer to me. "Soo..." he trails off. 

"Have you ever been here before?" i come up with small talk. its weird being friends most of your lives knowing almost everything about each other but its when times like these where he can't start up a conversation and its  weird and awkward. 

"No pope helped me out"

"Ahh classic pope" i praise 

the server takes our orders while me and jj bicker about what to order and we get our wine glasses filled. "How's home" i blurt out. Jj snaps his eyes to me 

Kie told me everything with his melt down at the hot tub he got for us. Unfortunately i was in the mainland grabbing more data and information about boats and the royal merchant. "Just peachy" he mutters "you didn't tell me" i say softly grabbing his hand form the table and he gladly takes it. 

"i don't want him to ruin our night together" he shrugs is all, i nod in agreement. "But when you're ready you will tell me?" i question

He nods bringing my hand to his lips peckering them softly each knuckles making me gaze down to look at my heels. "Don't be nervous" he says chuckling softly 

"Well stop making me nervous"  he laughs now showing his teeth 

"How am i making you nervous" i shrug something he always does now-a days 

"let's eat" he says when his stomach grumbles lowly and we dig in. Moments later we arrive at the front of the school and he takes my hand. "Are you ready?" he asks 

i nod and we walk in, girls throw themselves at him while he tightly clasps my hand and keeps on walking while other girls would push up their dress a little higher to show their thighs or to purposely bend down showing skin or even pushing their boobs in his face. Jj gets dragged by his friends to get some "punch" and i'm stuck here in the corner while girls make disgusted looks on their faces and glare at me. My dress isn't as showy as theirs and i like that it makes me feel secured. Jj stalks angrily towards me while Vanessa a blonde girl chases after him. M eyes tear away from him to the floor when i see his shoes right in front of me. 

"Lets dance" he ducks down to my ears and a slow song plays. "Were you drinking?" i ask and i look up no signs of red eyes or when his breath hits my face, no sign of alcohol. 

"Nope" he says popping the p taking my hand and leading me to the dance floor. He wraps his hands around my waist and i wrap my hands around his neck. He smiles while ducking his hand soflty peppering kisses on my neck or nudging his nose in my hair smelling the vanilla shampoo i used today. 

Just for him 

"god i love you" he whispers, i flutter my eyes closed when he trails up my jaw 

"you know that right?" 

i gulp while nodding 

"i need you to say it princess" he mumbles into my hair while we rock forwards and he places his hands lower to sway my waist. 

"yes" i whispers back looking him in the eye with that smile. 

That smile. 

"good" he mumbles before grabbing my hand and twirling me.