This Isn't You!!! pt 2

After that night about two years ago i changed for the better. After my little... well big fight with jj he left and i went back home and packed my stuff. Rafe was out so that gave me a motive and i took it, left him a note and was gone. After that i found a crappy broken down apartment and shaped it up. Today i just got off of school, yes i switched to a new school and got an internship at a news station. I wanted to be a reporter or journalist and i'm a bit of both. I finished my community service a year ago and am still single just focusing on myself. Pope came by and dropped something off after we had coffee and lunch together, everything is going good for him. After he left i opened the envelope and it was an invitation to a new surf shop in town that just opened. And it was jj's surf shop. 

The day approached rather too quickly and now i am driving. Outer banks is about two hours away from another town i'm at and where i go to school at. The internship made me move giving me another chance at a better life. But when i arrive no cars were at front and i see him from the car. It was pouring when i got out of the car, locking it and heading inside while it was pouring. Jj snapped his head up from working on a surfboard and looked over to me where i waved a small hello soaking wet. He jumped out of his sear and quickly unlocked the door. "Hi" i breathe looking up to him. He has a stubble and is sun kissed on his face from the sun. "Hi" he smiles small. I clear my throat and head inside looking around at the designed surfboards and fishing gear on another part of the store. "Wow" i say astonished by the sight, He leads me to his office and i see pictures of the old crew Pope, Kiara, Me, Jj, Sarah, And john b. 

"i miss them" i whisper touching all of us smiling while jj is kissing my cheek and i'm laughing hard smiling at the camera, while pope is wrapping his arms around kie's waist who is holding the camera and john b and Sarah are making goofy faces. 

"I miss us" jj whispers. He thinks i don't hear him but i do.  i turn to him "I'm sorry i was late i got off of school late and had to head to my work and i just lost track of time" i admit. He shrugs shoving his hands in his pockets. "so everything is fixed" he looks down to the puddle i have created on his floor "Oh my god" i step out of it and jj laughs "Come up stairs you can borrow some clothes" "you don't mind?" i ask and he shakes his head "I insist" he gestures for me to go first and i go up the stairs "go left" he instructs and i follow going into a room. He walks past me and pulls a big shirt and gym shorts. "the bathrooms on the right" he points out the door. He hands me the clothes And our fingers brush each other's and my breath hitches. I nod smiling and head out shaking the thought out of my head. I change in a matter of seconds and see him on a small table in his big room that fits the kitchen and fridge. "I ordered chinese before you came if you want any" he says to the plates and containers of food. "I-i should get going its late and i have a meeting to get too tomorrow" i check my phone from a notification "Who is it?" jj asks . I laugh to myself "it's my friend Tessa uh she says she will take the meeting tomorrow" and jj chuckles while i seat myself down and he hands me my favorite noodles, rice, egg rolls, and chicken. "you remember?" and he laughs. 

"Oh and by your question yes everything is fixed" i nodded while shoving rice in my mouth, "So no rafe?" he asks "No rafe" i repeat grinning from ear to ear. "Good" he responds before munching on a egg role. "So where do you work at?" he attempts to start a conversation. when i asked something else. "Why?" i ask looking at him. 

"why what" 

"Why visit me out of everyone?" 

"i missed you" he confesses 

"i'm nothing but a screw up"  i mutter poking my chicken. 

"we are all screw ups" jj comments