one

i. the beginning

"This is ridiculous!" I complained, throwing my phone onto the bed before getting on it, burying my head into the plush fabrics of the three blankets I slept with.

"Y'just mad because it was totally your fault," Niall snickers, making me look up from my bedding with narrowed eyes.

"Piss off, would you?" I say, frustrated and annoyed out of my mind-- and Niall wasn't helping.

"I'm just saying! I mean what kind of idiot would make a Twitter account and set the birth year to 2006? Y'arent even 14 anymore Dais!" His laughter fills the room. "Of course they'd take your account down, I think it's against the rules on Twitter to have an account at fourteen,"

"I didn't do it on purpose! I swear! I know what year I was born in y'twat! My finger just slipped and accidentally set it to 2006, now my account's locked for God knows how long." I pout at him, crossing my arms and furrowing my brows.

"Why don't you just make a new one? I'm sure you could do that," he suggests.

I startle him with an overdramatic gasp, crawling to him and sitting on his open legs forcefully before speaking, "Oh Ni! When did you get so smart?" I gush sarcastically, "It's like... it's like I haven't thought of that already!" I swat at his head.

"Hey! Piss off, would ya?" he mocks me. "I'm sorry I didn't know if your brain would be smart enough to think of that too, but at least it did! There's definitely a first for everything." he grins.

"Shut up," I joke. "Y'gonna have to promote me to all our friends, I'm gonna need those Twitter followers back somehow, right?"

"What friends?" he deadpans, "I don't think I've ever seen you around anyone other than me. I mean, is that even allowed?"

"You are truly the worst Ni, of course I have other friends. It's just that my brain is so sick and twisted that it chooses to spend every single day with you." I say seriously and he rolls his eyes.

"Whatever, name your other friends then!" he says as the doorbell rings.

"Louis and Sarah, which are waiting for us to open the door." He follows me down as I go to open the door for my other friends.

"That doesn't count, the two buggers are in our friend group." I hear Niall mutter out behind me.

"Hi, guys! Missed you in bio today Lou," I greet them as they enter my home, giving Sarah a quick hug before noticing the sour face Louis was making. "I also didn't see you in AP Calc today Sarah, what's up with you two?"

"Let's talk inside, please? It's kinda serious honey," Sarah says softly, her lips curled down into a soft frown. Her aura was sad, nervous even but even through that she still was able to soothe people with her soft voice and sweet pet names.

"So," I trail off, sitting my guests down as I prepare a pitcher of water and four glasses for us.

"We broke up," They say at the same time, making my eyes widen as I turn to Niall for answers. He must have not known either, judging the frown etched onto his face as his brows knit together. He was just as confused as me.

"What?" I start. "How? Why? Oh my god, are you guys okay? What happened?" I ask the two, a million thoughts racing in my mind at full speed.

"Were both alright, dear." Sarah says, "It was a decision both of us had talked about together, it's just not working out anymore," She smiles sadly.

"We'll always love each other, just not like that anymore. This definitely isn't affecting our group, alright? I want none of that side picking rubbish with us four, we both wanted this." Louis says and all I do is nod at them.

"Wow, s'like an end of an era," Niall jokes, making me elbow him. "Niall! Read the room," I gesture at him and he chuckles.

"Alright, alright. M'sorry guys, I don't think it's processed in my head yet." He rubs the side of him I injured. "But the two of you still have no excuse from missing each other's moments, alright?" He says sternly.

"I'm serious! Lou, y'not missing any of Sarah's band gigs," Louis nods. "And you Miss Sarah Jones, y'not missing any of Lou's games." She nods as well.

"Okay Dais, I know what You're thinking. No more being sad alright? We gotta move on from this gloomy topic, what else have you guys done today?" Sarah says, squeezing my knee slightly as we move on with the topic.

"Oh! Well, Daisy got her Twitter locked, like the idiot she is." Niall jokes, making me swat at his head again.

"Ni!" I whine. "Shut up, I'm making a new one right now, and I'm so not going to put you up in my header. Only Sarah and Lou!" My threat is empty but effective as he gasps suddenly, kissing the top of my head and mumbling out i'm sorry's as I log in.

###

"Aaaaand, done!" I squeal as I finish the final touches on my new Twitter account, following everyone I remembered who was on my old account, and Sarah cheers. "God knows how long I would've lasted without my Twitter," I say.

"Calm down, you addict. You lost it for a few hours tops, I don't even get the hype of it all." Niall says, making me shoot him a playful glare.

"We have our own addictions, Ni. At least mine won't rot my lungs in twenty years!" I scold playfully as he flicks me off. "Bugger off! Nicotine isn't as bad as fuckin' cighead over here!" He points to Louis who just laughs, flicking him off as well.

"Can I follow Zayn?" I ask suddenly, seeing him in the suggested portion on who to follow on Twitter.

"Why're you asking me?" Niall says.

"He's your friend, not mine. Would it be weird if I followed him?" I said honestly.

"He probably doesn't care, go follow him. He's pretty chill anyways." He shrugs.

"Totally gorgeous too! I'd let him hit"I wink at him, knowing exactly how to push Niall's buttons and giving him a taste of his own medicine. I press follow on Zayn's profile, immediately setting my phone down onto my lap.

"Absolutely not, stay away from my other friends."

"stay away from Kacey then," I shrug, making him spit his drink out as both Sarah and Louis snicker at him. I smirk proudly, knowing that I'd absolutely riled him up at the mention of his on-again, off-again balls deep crush on my friend and lab partner Kacey.

"Never, ever say her name, ever again." Niall says dramatically. "She's broken my heart,"

"Oh yeah? By not looking at you this week? You don't even talk to her!" I giggle, ruffling his bleach blonde curls.

"M'working on it," he grumbles, and at the corner of my eye, I see two notifications pop open on my screen. Squinting slightly, I check to see what exactly had happened.

@zaynmalik followed you back!

Followed by another,

@Harry_Styles followed you!

I furrow my brows, who the fuck is he?