thirteen

"Nobody can know I was here," Rowan says, pulling her clothes off of the floor of my room and I gulp, sitting up with a sigh.

"I know, trust me."

"Hey," she says, crawling back to me onto my bed and planting a kiss to my cheek. It was cold, and I felt used.

I did this to myself.

"Text me okay?" She asks, pulling her shiny pink hair into a ponytail. "Everyday. I moved into a different place and it's a little bit farther from campus, but I can send you my address if you ever wanna..." she playfully shrugs, making my mouth twitch into a small smile.

"Okay," I finally smile at her, nodding my head. Grabbing my phone from my bedside table, I check the time and my eyes widen.

6:47 am

"Do you have to go?" I blurted out, refusing to see her reaction but I hear her movements come to a halt. "I— I just mean it's so early, and I could make you something to eat. I could make us some breakfast," I suggest, making her chuckle.

"I would love to stay for breakfast," She agrees, making me nod at her.

"Just wait downstairs, I'll be freshening up first," I say to her, making her nod as she makes her way out of my room and down the stairs.

Getting up from bed, I grab my scattered clothes and make my way into the bathroom. Staring at myself in the mirror, the weight of my actions finally sink in and I begin to process everything that has happened in the last few hours.

Oh my God.
What have I done?

Fuck.

I went out with Rowe, and I brought her home with me. And I'm going to make her fucking breakfast. I can't just let this happen, I still need answers from her.

Washing my face and doing my business, I pull my hair into a ponytail and make my way down, wearing only my underwear and a shirt I knew was way too big for me. Clearing my throat to get her attention, she looks over at me.

Her blue eyes piercing into me, looking as innocent as ever as she smiles. The contrast of her pale skin to her shiny pink hair and ocean blue eyes tying together.

"Any requests?" I ask, making my way into the kitchen and opening the fridge to scan for things to cook.

"Anything, as long as it's made by you." She flirts, making me snort.

"Of course it would be made by me, you are so corny." I joke.

I decide upon making us an omelet and some bacon, knowing that I didn't like bacon much but she did. I'd ended up cutting up some fruit for myself too, to fill me up. Making us some coffee, I pour it into two mugs and I set it down, grabbing two plates and utensils for us too.

"I like this," she says, snapping me out of my trance.

"Hm?" I ask her, "Like what?"

"This, with you. It feels so domestic, so normal," She states, making my cheeks burn and I nod, not knowing what to respond with.

"I guess it does feel nice," I shrug. "We can't do that again," I finally say, catching her off guard.

"Was it that bad?" She tries to joke, making me shake my head seriously. "I asked for your consent," she says.

"I don't regret it, or well maybe I do? But it isn't the consent I was worried about. I was fully aware of what happened and you didn't take advantage of me. But we can't do that again," I stress, her brows pulling together.