nineteen

"Are you alright?" Harry says, my computer screen illuminating my room as I shuffle around to get changed in the opposite end of my room.

"Sorry? Yeah, I'm good." I say, my voice muffled as I pad through my room in hopes to find a clean shirt to put on.

"You don't sound good," He says, making me sigh.

"How would you know? I'm across the room," I tease, pulling the shirt over my head and getting dressed. Plopping back down onto my bed, my cheeks flush as I come face to face with the beautiful curly headed man I'd been talking to, and I've never wanted to see someone in real life more than I'd wanted to see him at this very moment.

"Hi," he smiles, a lopsided grin plastered onto his face from my screen. His room is dark, a single purple lamp in the corner bringing light into the area alongside his own computer screen.

"Hi yourself," I mutter out, stretching my arms across my bed to bring the blanket closer to my face, trying to hide the obvious blush that he'd brought upon naturally.

"So, how are you really?" He asks.

"Not too good I suppose, I took your advice and ended things with her. Or well, I hope I ended things with her. I kinda just blew up on her and told her not to talk to me anymore or anything like that. Felt kinda freeing in a sense, knowing that I wouldn't have this negative energy looming over me constantly with her, but I dunno. She wasn't all that bad? Maybe I'm just in my own head too much, but maybe I haven't processed anything yet," I trail off, shutting up quickly when I notice his smile grow tighter.

"That's deep bro," he teases, making me laugh.

"Sorry, I guess I really am in my own head too much," I smile sheepishly. "Any wise words of wisdom before we decide on a movie? I don't wanna talk your head off, it's pretty late over there."

"Don't worry about it, I was thinking of something so I couldn't really sleep well." He dismisses my obvious worry on his fucked up sleeping schedule.

"If you say so," I shrug.

"As for wise words of wisdom, I'm kinda falling short there. Just know that I'm proud of you for ending whatever your relationship was with her, I know it may seem confusing now, it's totally understandable, but I'm proud of you for getting her out of your life," He says, reassuring me deeply that I had made the right decision.

"Thank you," I blush, the darkness of my room concealing it and I can't seem to look directly into my screen and make eye contact with him.

"You're extremely sweet, it's really surprising." I say to him, making him hum.

"Why's that?"

"I dunno, most of the guys I know over here are assholes, other than Niall and Louis obviously. But yeah, it's hard to find such good guys that actually wanna hear what you have to say,"

"And Niall and Louis are..?" He asks, leaning back and crossing his arms over his chest, giving me a good view of his... extremely attractive biceps littered in tattoos.

"Only my best guy friends, who sometimes are pricks but it's not like we aren't mean to each other all the time. I swear, it's like a love language!" I beam at him, taking pride in having friends as amazing as them.

"So are you and them like... a trio? Just the two guys and you? I mean, I don't think I've ever asked much about your friends," He asks, stuttering at the last bit.

"Nah, there's four of us. It's me, Niall, Louis, and Sarah, who is just the sweetest little rockstar ever. She plays the drums and has this amazing voice, she's in a band too," I marvel at the thought of my best friend.

"Funnily enough, she and Louis dated for a bit, and it's not even weird at all. But honestly, I had a feeling they weren't soulmates and everything, she's very shy, a quiet little thing. Louis is so energetic, loves beer and football, they're quite opposites," I smile.

"How about your friends?" I ask, realising that I had once again I had made the whole conversation about myself and probably had been talking way too long.

His smile drops slightly, and he straightens up from his current position. "My friends aren't anything special," he shifts awkwardly.

"Oh? I doubt that, someone as cool as you must have some pretty cool friends too," I say, mumbling the last part out.

"You think I'm cool?" He smiles teasingly.

"Make it weird and I'll take it back," I jokingly threaten him, making him laugh.

"Okay, okay. I've got these two really cool friends I'm in a band with, Eli and Kennedy. There are two others but we're not as close with one another as the two. Eli's plays the drums too while Kens is more vocals, they're incredible though. Kens also does so much graphic design, they're amazing at making posters for the band," he says, making my cheeks heat.

"You're in a band?!" I gush, "Okay, you're ten times cooler now. That's so hot, wait, does that mean you play instruments?" I ask a million questions at once, making him smile.

"Yeah, one of my other band mates taught me how to play the guitar, I also do vocals and write most of our songs," he says shyly.

"Wow, a singer-songwriter. Double kill," I tease. "You're gonna have to show me one day, then I can brag about my totally real British musician friend," I smile at him.

"Oh!" He perks up, "I'm also friends with Zayn, you know him right? He goes to school with you." I nod at his question.

"Sort of, he's friends with Niall and intimidated the shit out of me, so we're barely acquaintances, but he's so cool. He dresses so nicely, draws well and has all these tattoos and sings so good. I watched him perform with his friends once at an open mic," I say.

"Yeah, he's fuckin' aces. I met him through Kennedy, since they were an exchange student who also came from the US. Zayn's pretty chill though, I'd love to tell him how much you'd just gushed over him," he teases, making my jaw drop.

"Don't you dare! He's so cool, I'd be so embarrassed the next time I'd see him on campus." I laugh. "Okay, we are so getting carried away, what movie are we watching?" I say, getting back to business.

"I'll watch anything you'd like, I don't have much of a specific taste," he shrugs.

"Oh!" I say excitedly. "How do you feel about romance movies?"

"My favourite movies are the Notebook and Love Actually, so I'm very fond of those," he smirks up at me.

"Perfect, have you ever seen Pride and Prejudice? The one with Keira Knightly, I love it so much," I gush at the thought of one of my favourite films, hoping that he'd be willing to watch.

"I've never seen it, let's give it a go." He says, making me squeal.

"Perfect! God you're gonna love it, friends to lovers is such a good trope, and Keira Knightly can like... get it." I half joke, making him smile.