twenty-five

//

i was extremely hesitant to add smut to this book because i feel like i went overboard with c&s.... but oh boy how things change...

iii. the gray area

After dropping Kacey off safely, I finally reach my doorstep, Niall right behind me to make sure that I had entered my home safely as well. He was so protective of me, and I loved that about him. He was like the older brother I never had.

"I could stay over tonight, I really don't like it whenever you're alone." He says as I fumble with my house keys, unlocking my door.

"Niall, you're tired. You should get some rest in your own space. Besides, I won't be alone, I promised Harry that I'd call him as soon as I got home," I say.

"Yeah, but you're still alone in your big ass house. What if something happened to you?"

"When has something ever happened to me? I love you, and I appreciate your protectiveness, but I'll be okay. Get some rest, I know how easily your social battery drains."

He stretches his arms out for me to hug him, and I come crashing into his tall form, squeezing him tightly.

"Thank you for looking out for Kacey and I today," I whisper and he sighs.

"I always will,"

Taking my shoes off as I enter the threshold of my home, I turn on a light and open the window, waving at Niall as he drives away to make sure he knows I'm okay. He smiles, waving as his car drifts off.

harold best music taste (aka liar)

home safe x

that's good.

are you still up to call me?

always

My phone rings quickly, Harry's name flashing on the screen instantly and I smile, answering it.

"Hi," I say breathlessly.

"Hi yourself," he says, "Did you just get back?"

"Yeah, like right now. I'm gonna get changed so I'll leave my phone out on the bed, I'll still be able to hear you though, don't worry." I say, placing my phone onto the bed as my camera faces the wall.

Shimmying out of my clothes, I get dressed into pajamas and put my hair up to keep it away from my face as I brush my teeth and wash the remnants of my makeup off of my face.

"So, how was your day?" I call out from the bathroom, speaking loudly to make sure he could hear me all the way across the room.

"Oh, it was good. I went drinking out with some of my mates at this pub we played at. I'm actually kind of really drunk right now," He admits. We both chuckle.

"Turnout wasn't much, which is probably for the best, we mostly played covers." He says as I approach my bed, plopping down to see his beautiful face.

"Oh, that sounds so fun. Fuck, I wish I was in London right now, I could be listening to your gigs," I hiccup, still smelling the alcohol on my lips. "At least we're both kind of really drunk right now,"

He hums at my words as I get situated, stretching my limbs on the plush comforter on my mattress.

"How was the dinner? You haven't told me what happened since your text." he says.

"Oh god," I groan at him. "Dinner was... interesting to say the least. Some of his friends are kind of your average popular kids, very loud and very trusting." I laugh to myself.