thirty-seven

"Elio..." My words trail off as his lips attach to my neck, realising how fast we had gotten from A to B as we sit in another almost empty parking lot outside of the fast food restaurant. I glance over to the numbers illuminating the dashboard, the clock reading 4:03 am as I grab the curly hair at the back of his neck, pulling him in.

All I knew was that this felt amazing, and that he felt amazing.

"Fuck, how is it that you still smell amazing? Even with all the liquor and cigarettes?" He murmurs, his face inching closer to mine before connecting our lips together.

"That's not true," I breathe out, taking his scent in as I deepen the kiss after a beat.

"Stop," He says, pulling back and leaving me confused.

"What's wrong? Did I do something wrong?" I immediately say, pushing my now messy brown hair away from my face.

"Are you okay? With this? We just met, and you were drunk when we did, we were supposed to have burgers and eat junk and then get you home. Are you feeling pressured to do this with me right now?"

I stare blankly for a second, surprised at his words. It had never really occurred to me that he should've been asking this long before I put my lips on his, no one has ever asked me before. No one has ever cared enough to ask.

I nod my head, my lips parting with no words coming out of it as I try to steady my breathing.

"No, Daisy." He says, leaning in as his arm reaches out to push my brown locks aside. "You have to say it, I need to hear it. We're not going to any further if you don't want me to, I did not talk to you with the intentions of getting intimate," He says sternly, making my skin prick up in goosebumps.

Maybe I wasn't in the right mind right now, and maybe I wasn't in any condition to be intimate with him, but he was beautiful and if I thought hard enough about him, maybe I could forget about Harry.

"It's okay, I'm not feeling coerced or anything, it's nothing like that." I blurt out, and he leans back into the drivers seat, staring at the fast food restaurant in front of us.

"We could stop right now, grab the unhealthiest shit on the menu and just eat. I'll take you home, I'm not taking advantage of you," He says.

"I'm not feeling taken advantage of, and food sounds great, but I for the records I did like kissing you." I shrug.

"You're impossible, it's amazing. I love it," He laughs. "Can you grab my wallet? It's in the glove compartment." He says, pointing to the one in front of me and I nod.

I open the glove compartment and a bunch of things start to spill out, miscellaneous objects, papers, his wallet, a pair of sunglasses. I look at everything and my eyes widen and the last thing I see.

"Shit, sorry. I didn't know it was all gonna fall out like that," He apologises, reaching over to help me pick his stuff up but I'm quicker at it. I grab the other objects, shoving them back into the glove compartment, his wallet in one hand as I raise my other hand up to show him what I found.

"You had weed? All this time you had weed and you didn't tell me?" I giggle, his eyes widen in shock as he tries to grab it from me.

"I didn't think you'd want it—-" He reaches over to grab it, "It's not really the most romantic or decent thing to offer to a girl,"

"Like oh yeah hey, I already offered you a cigarette earlier but do you want to smoke some grass with me this time? This shits amazing, laced with some other stuff too to get the full effect," He deadpans.

I shrug, laughing at his embarrassed state. "Hey, I actually want to smoke some, will you smoke with me?" I ask him. Technically, it was his weed, but getting high kind of felt amazing right now.

"Are you insane? Not in here, I'm still driving you back to your place. I'm not doing that while high," He laughs.

"Okay, okay! Later maybe? You don't even know where I live yet, I could live up on Long Island and you'd have no choice but to drive me all the way there," I joke, crossing my arms in front of him, his wallet still in hand.

"I'd see you around if you did, so you cannot possibly be from there," He says simply. I pause, his words registering in my mind and I look at him in complete shock.

"Holy shit, you live in fucking Long Island? What the fuck are you doing here?" I ask him, and he laughs at me, handing me his weed.

"I have an apartment in the city, but my parents live in Long Island, that's where I'm from originally,"

"You were raised in Long Island? You pretentious mo—-"

"Hey!" He says, pinching my arm lightly and I squeal in surprise, bursting out into a fit of giggles and he follows.

"Okay, seriously. Burgers then your place, then we can smoke. If that's alright with you," He asks me and I nod.

"It's gonna be a long night I guess, you better get me coffee too," I say, making him nod.

"Of course,"

#####

"Just over there, I think I left my front porch light on so you'll see it right away," I tell him, dictating my directions as I munch on the food he had bought me as promised.

"Did you just eat the last french fry?" He says, glancing my way.

"Focus on the road, I still want to smoke," I say to him, making him laugh. "I totally did by the way."

"Menace," he laughs under his breath, "Menace to society you are,"

"Okay yoda," I roll my eyes at him and he beams at me.

"Do you sense the dark side yet?" He jokes, making me laugh as I throw my head back, looking out the window to see my driveway.

"Oh shit, we're here!" I beam at him, "Thanks for not getting us killed on the way here, I think we need to celebrate with some weed," I say.

"You're just so impatient, you just want my weed." He rolls his eyes at me playfully and ai pretend to gasp in offence.

"Of course that's why, now c'mon, if we get in now we can smoke while the sun rises, it'll be amazing." I say to him and he nods, parking the car.

"Sounds like a plan," He says as we step into the threshold of my cold and empty home, bring light into it as he smiles at me.

"Take your shoes off please," I point out, slipping my own shoes off.

"Of course, I'm not an animal," He laughs at me, putting his shoes next to mine.

"Where do you want to smoke?" He asks me, and I think for a second. Where would the perfect place even be?

"My room," I say after a beat.

"My room has this huge open window we can smoke at, perfect if we wanna see the sun rise," I say, walking up the stairs and he follows suit.