twenty-six

"You WHAT?" Sarah says, slamming her locker shut in disbelief. I shushed her immediately, my cheeks burning up at the commotion she caused as people stared.

"Be quiet! I'm freaking out over here, and I don't know what's going on," I whine.

"Rightfully so that you're panicking, I mean you and Harry had phone sex—-"

"Sarah, please do not say it out loud. If you say it then it definitely happened and I didn't go off the deep end last night and made it all up,"

"Well what do you want me to say? Seems to me that this is just as a shock to you as anyone else, I mean... was it consensual?" My eyes widen at her words.

"Okay, yes. Yes, definitely was, I know we were drunk but we weren't that drunk I'm sure," I say, fidgeting with my hair as we find a place to sit back down on the courtyard.

"Well what did he say after you guys... finished? Did he make it awkward?"

"He didn't say much, just that it was good and that he was tired. He passed out right after that, didn't bother to hang up." I stressed, not knowing what my next move was.

"Well was it?" Sarah asks cautiously and I furrow my brows at her in confusion.

"Was it what?"

"You know.... good?" She asks again, making my jaw drop.

"Oh my god Sarah!" I whine, making her laugh.

"I'm sorry! I was just curious, you've been crushing on this boy for what? Proper five months almost? And then suddenly you tell me that the two of you had phone sex after coming back from dinner with Liam?"

"—-And his friends! You make it sound like I went on a date with this guy," I huff, my phone buzzing in my lap.

iMessage now
Liam Payne
i really had fun last night

iMessage now
Liam Payne
was a shame you left so soon, didn't get to properly say goodbye.

iMessage now
Liam Payne
maybe we should hang out sometime? just us?

"Speak of the absolute devil," my face puckers as I show Sarah my screen, her face mirrors mine and I smile at our mutual disliking towards him.

"Are you gonna answer him?" she asks and I pause, making up my mind.

"Yeah, but I'll be declining his offer to hang out. I'd rather put a gun in my mouth than do that," I exaggerate, rolling my eyes and Sarah laughs.

Liam Payne

i really had fun last night
was a shame you left so soon, didn't get to properly say goodbye.

maybe we should hang out sometime? just us?

hi
last night was pretty cool

but i'm not really comfortable going out with you alone
we'd only just met

we've been going to the same school for years?
ah you know it's fine
we can get together again as group
gabbs really enjoyed your company

i doubt that
and no promises there
school might get busy again

we can work it out

I sigh frustratedly at his persistence, how was he not getting the hint? Showing my phone to Sarah, she giggles.

"I cant believe he's still trying, usually when he senses that the girl isn't just throwing herself at him he moves onto the next person," I nod at her words.

"Okay, whatever. Liam can go take the hint on his own time, what the hell should I do about Harry?" I go back to our previous topic.

"Wait, have you talked to him at all today? You know, make sure you're both on the same page after—-" Sarah gets interrupted by Niall and Louis taking a seat next to her, placing their things down.

"Hey gang," Niall beams. "What's we miss?"

"Daisy had phone sex with Harry last night," She states simply, making Louis choke on his drink.

"What?" He asks, clearing his throat as Niall stays frozen. "What the fuck?" Louis accent shines through his profanities.

"So that's why you didn't want me to stay last night?!" Niall bursts out, his expression is utterly horrified.

"No! It's not like we planned it out! He started it—-" I cringe at my defense, "Okay, that was a horrible excuse. We were drunk and he was hard and I technically was the one who offered-" The group groans, cutting me off.

"Please spare us the details, Daisy. We don't need the specifics." Louis says, his head in his hands.

"Okay, yeah, fine. My only problem now is that he passed out right after we... finished, and we haven't spoken since that." I said, checking the time.

"It's around two in the afternoon there, I bet you can text him about it. Be cool though," Niall says, making me huff.

"Oh yeah I'll definitely pull my phone out right now and just ask about it, 'Hey Harry, what's up? What are we going to do now that we've had phone sex last night while we were drunk?' I mean, what do you even say to that?!" I groan.

"Wait, how are you so sure that he remembers that?" Niall stops me. I blink at him, trying to register his words.

"If you two were both drunk, then who's to say that he even remembers what happened? You did say he passed out right after,"

"Would..." I pause, not knowing how to feel. "Would it be better if he doesn't remember a thing?" An unsettling feeling bubbles in my stomach, and I don't truly understand why.

"If he forgot then it would save you the confrontation, because I know how much you hate that... but do you want to just pretend it never happened?" Louis chimes in, making me sigh.

"I don't know... It's really awkward either way because I definitely still remember it, and I don't wanna make things even more awkward if he doesn't remember and I'd have to refresh his memory. But pretending it never happened makes me feel...sad? Almost? Kinda feel used,"

The group gives me their best sympathetic eyes, and I sigh, putting my head in my hands. "I mean he didn't use me! I offered to help him out and I still feel used either way.. God what is wrong with me?"

"Don't beat yourself up over it too much, we're right here for you if he doesn't remember and whatever emotions come with that kind of confirmation, but you can't get ahead of yourself. Call him later, I'm sure he'll pick up." Sarah reassures me, her hand rubbing circles onto my back lovingly as I try not to stay tense.

harold best music taste (aka liar)

can we talk today
need to tell you something

of course
call later?
need to tell you something too

//

uhhhh ohhhhhhhhh
i'm so excited for these next few chapters