forty

"Okay, do you mind telling me what's going on?" He asks, finishing up with the food on his plate.

I chew slowly, trying to gather my thoughts to explain the situation as simply as possible without bringing up the seven month long agony I went through in terms of Harry.

"Well," I start, my mouth opening but nothing coming out of it.

"Well, this Harry guy?" He begins, surprising me as he gets straight to the point. "Is he your boyfriend? Cause I really wouldn't appreciate hanging out with a girl I just slept with that has a boyfriend," He quips.

"That just....yeah that just sucks on my end." He jokes, lips curving slightly into a smirk.

"Harry's not my boyfriend, don't worry. He's just some guy that I've got a really complicated relationship with, but I mean who wants to talk about that? We have, almost the entire day since it's one in the afternoon, what do you want to do?" I ask, trying to shift the conversation.

"Daisy," He says, "Are you sure you don't wanna talk about it? I mean we met last night but I find your mind extremely fascinating, and if there's something bothering you you can tell me. I'm great at listening," He offers, making me smile as I clear up the plates and walk over to the sink.

He stands from his seat, following me over to the sink and grabbing me by the waist, slinging me over his shoulder and taking me by surprise.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I laugh, my body limp across his shoulder and he laughs along, throwing me down to the couch and I thank the heavens above that I landed right in the middle with a thump.

"I told you that I was gonna clean up, now tell me whatever's on your mind." He smiles, his green eyes shining at me. I could hear the sink turn on, as well as him grabbing the plates and starting to wash them. I smile to myself, knowing it was too late for me to tell him that I had a dishwasher.

I then look down for a moment, composing myself as I get on the topic of Harry to someone who... admittedly reminded me so much of Harry. But Elio was here, and wasn't hurting my feelings, I was on the safe side.

"He just said stuff that hurt my feelings, and he wasn't even aware of it because he was drunk." I shrugged, sitting upright and looking right at him. He was already looking my direction, occasionally looking down to rinse off the plates.

"Ah, so that's why you went out and got drunk?" He questions me and I nod.

"Pretty much,"

"And then you met me and we got high and had mind-blowing sex last night, correct?" He teases me once more, putting the pan and the rest of the utensils on drying racks and I laugh at him.

"Again, pretty much." I say, making him laugh as he washes and wipes his hands dry before making his way over to me. He finds a spot on the couch next to me and I instinctively throw my legs over his and he smiles, grazing my thigh lightly with his hands.

"So what's the plan now, are you just gonna keep blowing this guy off and ignore him for the rest of your life? What if you run into him at the supermarket? I feel like you'd be the type to collapse on the spot while looking for more fruits to cut up,"

My jaw drops in offence and I nudge him lightly on the shoulder, laughing as he fakes a hurt expression. "I can see the headlines already, 'Woman collapses on isle thirteen at local supermarket as she spots the guy she ghosted after he hurt her feelings, now suffering from a concussion and embarrassment to carry for the rest of her life.' Sounds amazing if you ask me," He deadpans, making me laugh.

"Running into him wouldn't be a problem since he lives like, half the world away. But ignoring him is still undecided." I say.

"Shit, so this guy isn't even American?" I nod at his words.