thirty-five

It was getting dark out when I rang him, getting home as the sun was starting to set and I knew it was already nighttime on his side of the world.

I shifted awkwardly as I waited for him to answer, getting no response the first time. I try to calm myself down, not wanting my confidence to fall flat when he answers.

I ring him again, this time I am met with his beautiful face, and his gorgeous green eyes, and the feeling goes away. I'm suddenly filled with excitement, and love.

"Hi Daisy," he smiles at me, and I smile back.

"Hi yourself," I repeat his usual greeting to me, earning a laugh from him.

"Why the sudden call? I mean, don't get me wrong, I love hearing from you, but you didn't even text." He jokes, making my eyes widen.

"Shit, are you busy?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"Not at all, just came back from hanging around with the guys, boring shit. I missed you all day, even if we spoke."

"That we did, not even twelve hours ago." I say to him, unable to contain the blush on my face. "I missed you too," I say.

"Did you reeeeeally?" He pouts.

"A lot, that's why I called." I smiled at him.

"Well then, what shall we do now my darling?" He says, moving over to lay flat on his back on his bed.

"Oh! We could do this thing I saw online—" He begins, and I suddenly feel my heart beating against my chest rapidly. Stay focused, Daisy. You know what you have to say.

"Actually, I wanted to tell you something," I cut him off and he stops speaking, allowing me to articulate my thoughts.

He stares at me, his green eyes burning into my body and I suddenly lose the courage to speak.

"I can tell you something really random right now if you aren't actually up to speak," He offers, making me giggle as I lose my train of thought.

Okay, maybe if I let him ramble on I'd be able to gather everything I needed to say to him and finally build up the right amount of courage and confidence to say it.

I nod my head, allowing him to speak and he smiles, his dimples popping out from his cheeks. Has anyone ever tried to poke them? I'd love to do so...

...Focus, Daisy.

"I went drinking out with some of my mates earlier, so I'm still kind of buzzed. But... but.. but okay, so this is totally random, but yes, okay," He says, his cheeks are flushed and he's rambling.

'Kind of buzzed' my ass, this man is still drunk.

My heart falls as I realize that my confession may turn into nothing as I take into consideration his state.

"You've been going out drinking a lot recently," I mutter out and he hums, not thinking too much of it.

"Well, only on special occasions, and there has been lots to celebrate," he smiles at me, "Which brings me back to what I've been thinking of,"

I try to push away my second guessing, knowing that it was now or never and that if I didn't tell him how I felt I would never do it, it's been a long time since I've first met him, and I just don't want to wait any longer. Things needed to change, I wanted things to change.

Harry, oh where do I even begin with you, Harry?

I've known you for seven months and in those seven months you have been the only thing stuck on my mind.