fifty-two

"Is this real? Is this real life?" I stare into the ceiling, Harry chuckling next to me.

"Very philosophical of you." Je jokes. "Maybe it isn't, maybe if I shut my eyes tight enough it'll transport me back to London. Or maybe none of this is real, just a glitch in the simulation, or some cheesy show that people are actually watching us through and we just don't know... Like some Truman Show shit," He says, fingers tracing patterns lightly onto my skin.

"Shut up," I laugh, nudging his bare shoulder and he pulls me in. His arm hooks around my bare torso, my body on fire as he pulls me on top of him, our bare chests colliding. "I wouldn't want it to be like The Truman Show, that means people have watched us have sex," I grimace, making him laugh.

"Daisy?" He calls for me and I hum out in response. "I meant it, everything I said." He says, making me swallow thickly as I wait for him to explain.

"I figured out why I couldn't ever place myself in an actual relationship, and why I hated even the thought of it. For the longest time I felt like it was just something I wasn't interested in, but ever since I've met you that has been the only time I had ever considered it. I felt silly, like some love struck little boy fawning over someone who was miles away, but it was just so hard. And every opportunity I had just seemed to go south, and I was such a coward." He pauses, taking a breath as he gathers himself.

"I was such a fucking coward, and I promise you that I won't be one anymore. I'm saying it now and for as long as you'll let me. I am so madly, and deeply in love with you." He says, my eyes welling up with tears.

"Well it took you long enough," I tease him, trying to swipe the tears away. "I love you too,"

He brings me down to him, kissing me sensually and I begin to feel his hands roaming to my hips, pushing me down onto him.

"I can't have sex with you right now," I whisper, and immediately his eyes snap open and he pushes me away, retracting in panic and I smile.

"I'm sorry, I got carried away and—" I kiss him to shut him up, smiling as he kisses back, confused.

"No, it's not that." I laugh at his state, wide eyed and full on panicking. "I feel like my body is physically unable to have sex with you again. I'm kind of sore," I say, making him snort and I nudge him, setting up and crossing my arms.

"It's not funny, I swear!" He says, giggling like a little boy and I roll my eyes at him.

"I'm glad to know that you find enjoyment in my pain," I deadpan, only making him laugh harder.

"Wow, kinky." He says, making my jaw drop as I start to laugh. He laughs along, pulling me back down to hold me and we laugh together in each other's arms.

"I can't believe you sometimes," I say, shaking my head as his lips curl into his famous lopsided grin.

"Is it a good time to finally admit that every song I've ever written in the last eight months are about you?" He says.

"That cannot possibly be true, you're such a flirt."

"It is! God, it's kind of pathetic to think of my song book. I'd brought it with me for some reason, but I think I left my bag downstairs because of your ambush." He says, referring to the kiss I had jumped him with after his initial confession to me. My cheeks heat and I turn an obvious shade of red, my ears burning up in embarrassment and I bury my face into the crook of his neck.

"It was cute, and it led to really great sex... I just wasn't expecting to gain that sort of a reaction from you. Maybe I should start dramatically showing up at your doorstep and proclaiming my undying love for you more," He jokes.

"Never again, we are so not going through this kind of pining ever again. Took us too long, I hated it." I said.

"Never again, but also I will never stop telling you I love you. Wasted eight months trying to convince myself that I didn't, I feel like I have a lot to make up for." He says.

"Can I see your songs?" I ask suddenly, catching him off guard.

"Now?"

"No, next year. Of course now!" I jump up, only to realize that I was still pretty much naked as he stares at me shamelessly.

"Okay, maybe clothes first. Let's put on some clothes, get cleaned up, maybe make ourselves a snack and then you have to present me the absolute creative genius you are through your songbook. Please?" I smile at him innocently, and he chuckles while shaking his head.

"Okay, sounds like a plan."

######

"What's this one?" I point to another one of his songs scribbled onto the worn out pages of his song book entitled 'Sunflower Vol. 6'

"Oh," He smiles sheepishly. "I wrote that after imagining what it would be like if we were together, in like some perfect world where we lived in a cottage in the middle of a field and it was just us." He says, eyes darting away from mine and I notice him blush.

"Oh my god," I read the lyrics. "I'm your sunflower?" I ask, my body burning up and he snatches the book away from me.

"....Yes," He answers, his eyes fixated onto the ground like a little kid being caught after stealing the last cookie from a cookie jar. I can't help but laugh at his reaction.

"You're so fucking cute, I love you." I say, grabbing his chin and pulling him in for a sweet kiss.

"What about this one?" I point to another called 'Watermelon Sugar'. He smirks to himself for a bit, humming a melody to what I assumed what the song was supposed to sound like.

"I wrote this one after having a dream about you... It was explicit to say the least," He shrugs, making my jaw drop.

"No way!" I say to him, laughing. "You had a wet dream about me," I tease him in a sing-song like voice and he groans.

"Don't put it like that!" He says, whining at my words as I continue to tease him, flipping through the pages of his songbook to find more.

"What about this? It's called 'Sweet Creature'." I point out, and he smiles softly at that. I notice how smudged his writing had been, and how many times he had re-written parts of it and disregarded some other.

"I wrote that on the plane," He says simply, reading it silently. "Funny because I had set your name to 'Sweet Creature' when we started out texting on Snapchat, and you were always just sweet creature to me when I spoke to other people about you...And I don't know then I was just talking to myself the entire ride here and I just kept repeating 'When I run out of road, you bring me home.' And I was like, wait... that wasn't such a bad idea," He explains, making my heart melt.

"I ended up forwarding the lyrics to our producer right as I had landed, and he ended up loving it. Let's just say it's probably one of the first to be recorded when I can," He smiles, shocking me with his words.

"Oh my god! Harry that's amazing!" I jump excitedly. "You are so talented, I'm so happy that you're getting the recognition you deserve. I better have the best seat in the house when you start playing stadiums and venues like Madison Square, got it?" I say seriously, making him laugh.

"Got it," He says, flipping through to find more songs he had written.

"Oh, I know this one. This one's the one you played for me." I pointed out, showing him the page entitled 'She' and he nods.

"One of my favourites actually, I played it for our producer and he called it 'the next classic rock record brought back to life'. It was quite the ego boost, I wrote it after getting in my own head about wanting you. Thought that it was going to end up with me playing pretend, but here we are."

"Here we are..." I say, smiling up at him as I climb onto his lap, straddling him on the ground as I press a sweet kiss to his lips. I take in a deep breath, feeling his lips against mine and finding complete and utterly bliss with him.

I was with him. And I was so fucking happy.

//

:) happy daisy is the only daisy ever :)

epilogue soon.........