four

//

you might not like daisy in this chapter,,,,,,,,, and the next ones to come.

just a heads up lol she's FAR from perfect.

"Oops," I hiccup, stumbling over something as I make my way into my bathroom to collect myself a bit. We'd decided to move our little party back to my house, to get the real alcohol in place. Which had resulted in me being three and a half beers in, and being a little tipsy.

"Daisy?" I hear someone call out for me, Sarah I think?

"Jonesy?" I parrot her tone, making her giggle at my new nickname for her.

"Yep, s'me. Miss Sarah Jones. You alright lovie?"

"Jonsey," I say seriously. "Miss Sarah Jonesy," I giggle to myself. Maybe I'm a lot tipsier than I thought I was?

I pull my phone out, completely disregarding my past quest to get to the bathroom to check my messages, knowing exactly who I was waiting to text me back, even with my brain in quite a fog from the alcohol, my hopes were clear as a sunny day.

"Jonesy," I call out for her again, my bottom lip stuck out in a pout as reality sets in, no new messages. "Why hasn't she talked to me yet?" I whine.

"Oh lovie," she coos, petting my head slightly and calming me down. "You already know she's not gonna text you back, proper dickhead she is." I nod my head yes at her words.

"Don't get your hopes up babe, it's never fun to do that. Do you still need the loo or do you wanna come back to us? The guys' arent completely wrecked yet, we could stay up and finally talk about the Harry situation-- we keep getting sidetracked," she says with a giggle.

"Okay, but m'gonna tell them about Rowan, she's such a dick!" I say as she ushers me back to the couch with the guys, humming in agreement.

"Dais! C'mon," Niall pats the empty seat beside him, making me plop down next to him and stretch my legs on top of him. "Did you guys know that she hasn't texted me back, in what? A week. Even left me on read! It's so frustrating," I whine, mostly to Niall.

"And why're you looking at me like that Dais?" Niall asks me, taking another sip of his beer.

"Because she's your friend! I wouldn't have met her if you didn't ditch me to go to Zayn or whatever," I cross my arms at him. "Jonesy says I shouldn't be getting my hopes up anymore, but she knows how much I used to like her."

"Jonesy?" he breathes out a laugh and I nod. "Miss Sarah Jonesy, who totally eye-fucked her bandmate," I blurt out the last part, freezing immediately.

"Sarah, shit. I'm so sorry-- that just slipped out," I sit up immediately.

"It's okay Dais, Lou and I talked about it already. Were good, and I totally did not eye-fuck Mitch!" She laughs. "Now, what're we gonna do about the Harry thing."

"I dunno," I gulp. "It's not like I'm looking for someone new to talk to, especially someone whos probably thousands of miles away. Plus, I'm still trying to fully recover from Rowan, I still think of her too much. I mean, I close my eyes and she's still there! I don't get her, she just... she texts me to ask if I was alright, she kisses me then she totally just ignores me? Why?"

"She's got her own shit to deal with, D." Niall says. "I'm not defending her at all though, she is an asshole for that."

"Maybe talking to Harry is a good thing, Dais?" Louis says. "I mean, maybe you need a good distraction from Rowan and everything. Were gonna be on spring break soon enough anyway, and by the time we get back to school, she would've transferred so you wouldn't need to be around her. Maybe talking to new people is gonna be good for you," he suggests and I nod.

"And what if she ends up falling for this guy?" Sarah asks, making me scoff.

"I'm not gonna fall for this guy over the course of a week, Sarah." I say in offense. "Besides, I am still getting over Rowan."

"It took five days total before you were completely done for when it came to Rowan, and you were still getting off of that crush on the girl from your English class." She retorts, making me shake my head.

"That was a complete accident, and you know it. Only reason I was so done for it when it came to Rowan was that she was there when I had a panic attack and she helped me. The rest was purely her fault. She led me on, and you know that."

"I'm just saying, she shouldn't be talking to anyone new, especially someone at that distance without the assurance that she's not gonna fall head over heels for him."

"I'm not gonna fall for him, I swear on it," I say firmly and she shrugs.

"Fine, and what if he falls for you?" I snort at her statement, not even considering it happening. "Oh yeah because he's definitely into this," I gesture to myself-- a wreck.

"Hey," Niall says. "If you weren't like...my best friend I'd definitely be trying to fuck you, especially when you've got your crazy long legs on me all the time," He jokes... I think? Either way, his words make my nose scrunch up in disgust as I nudge him with my legs.

"Ew, do not ever say that ever again, that is probably the worst image to burn into my brain, Ni," I say, making him smile. "Besides, you like Kacey. Who I told you to invite, what happened?"

"Meh," He shrugs. "It was Sarah's time to shine at her gig, not a place to bring a girl. It's a group thing." He says and I smile at him.

"Aw, Niall," Sarah says, "I wouldn't have minded," she says but he shakes his head, taking another sip from his beer.

"Nah, I probably wouldn't have paid much attention to her anyway. My favorite little rockstar was in front of me!" he nudges Sarah's shoulder, making her blush in a fit of giggles.

"Crushing my heart, you are Mr. Horan," she jokes.

"Let's make a bet," I say suddenly, a sort of cruel idea popping into my head.

"Wha?" Louis asks, kind of lost because of how drunk we all were.

"Well, Sarah doesn't believe that there's a chance of me being able to talk to Harry without falling for him, so what if we bet on it?" I say smugly.

"I'm listening," Niall says and Sarah sits up.

"If I end up catching feelings for this guy, you get to embarrass me all you want online, anything you want I'll even take you guys to that fancy steakhouse you've always wanted to go to, hell I'll even pay for all of us. Falling for a guy who doesn't even live in the country is an all-time low, so I promise you that I'll be pulling all the stops. But, if he ends up falling for me, you gotta pay up-- and only if I don't fall for him too."

I try to form a coherent and fair bet, my mind still a little jumbled from all of this.

"This is a horrible idea," Sarah says.

"I'm kinda intrigued," Louis says at the same time.

"Whatever, let's talk about it tomorrow in a proper setting, when I'm not completely wrecked." I say, glancing up at my phone screen and seeing the time.

12:54 am.

"The two of you bozos look wrecked, there's no way you're walking or driving home," I say as Louis flicks me off. "Just crash here, my parents arent home for another week so there won't be any issues. Sarah can sleep in my room, the two of you should get situated already."

"Sounds good enough to me, get up Lou." He says, pulling at his limbs and carrying him up.

We finish cleaning up and clearing out before shuffling into our respective rooms, hearing Niall mutter out something along the lines of them cuddling as Louis curses at him, I giggle at their drunken banter before getting into my room and getting ready for bed.

"Daisy?" Sarah asks loud enough to hear from my bathroom as she stays put, lying down comfortably on my bed.

"Yeah?" I answer, all the way in my bathroom, the door open wide enough for me to hear her clearly.

"I think you're gonna fall in love with him," she says.