fourteen

iMessage now
Rowe
i miss you

iMessage now
Rowe
come over ?

I sigh, shutting my phone in exhaustion after a long day. I didn't wanna have to deal with Rowe right now.

Who knew that sneaking around with someone for almost a week could be so difficult?

I sort of knew what I was getting into when it came to whatever Rowe and I were, and she definitely wasn't kidding when she said that it had to be a secret. We'd never gone out to open spaces, meeting up before the sun would rise and the constant motion of her dropping my hand anytime she saw a crowd of people pass by.

She was paranoid of being seen with me, and I wasn't sure that I still wanted that.

Not to mention that I was lying to my best friends faces every time I had to meet up with her, as she frequented nights out with me, my time with them had been cut short.

iMessage now
miss jonsey
wanna hang out tonight?
it's like we never see you anymore !!

iMessage now
miss jonsey
i'll buy you drinks?

iMessage now
Rowe
don't ignore me

I roll my eyes at the last notification, seeing her clinginess shine through more and more as we spent time apart. I mean, we'd frequent quick glances at each other across the hall, but she always needed me late at night.

It's a good thing I suppose, the fact that she even wanted me.

My phone buzzes again, this time a call incoming from Rowan's number, making me furrow my brows as I answer it.

"Hello?" I ask, sitting up.

"Did I do something?" She asks immediately, making me sigh.

"No? Why would you think that?" I ask honestly, picking at my thumbs as I wait for a response.

"You're ignoring me, and only assholes ignore people with no real reason to," She says, making my stomach go into knots.

"I didn't mean to, really. I've just been really tired with school and everything. I'm sorry, I don't think I realized that,"

"Well come over tonight? We could do nothing together," she suggests, brushing over my apology.

"I can't," I say without missing a beat. "I um, made plans with Sarah and I just can't back out now. It feels like I haven't seen her in forever," I sigh.

miss jonsey

wanna hang out tonight? it's like
we never see you anymore !!

i'll buy you drinks?

sure
it's much needed
i miss you guys
and i do need that drink

"Why can't you blow it off? You spend eighty percent of the day with Sarah and Niall, you only ever look at me across the hall," She guilts.

"Well who's idea was it to be in secret? I would gladly spend my days with you if we weren't in hiding, besides, what happened to 'the thrill of sneaking around'?" I huff, "And I cant blow my friends off, it's rude."

"But you can blow me off is that what it is?" She asks, her tone rising.

"It's not like that,"

miss jonsey

that's great!!!!! there's a new bar that
just opened a few blocks from campus called
exile, wanna check it out?