Birthday

After this night, Yu Luotong consciously kept the furthest distance from Xia Lin. Even in the same classroom, unless the teacher was called up to answer questions in class, Xia Lin could hardly feel his existence.

The relationship between Song Yan and Yu Luotong had eased. In order to thank Song Yan for helping him find a new job, Yu Luotong proposed to invite Song Yan to a "big meal" in the school canteen.

Song Yan felt that he was offering Buddha with flowers and could not accept it calmly so he secretly asked Xia Lin if he wanted to go with him. Xia Lin looked at him with a sarcastic face.

Song Yan touched his nose and chatted away.

For the next period of time, Song Yan and Yu Luotong did not harass Xia Lin again, which finally led him to live the dream model life: he arrived at the classroom half an hour early every morning, delayed leaving the classroom half an hour every night, and either went to the toilet or did exercises in the first - a whole person basically became an insulator status, there is no more miscellaneous thing to distract him.

In the first monthly examination after the beginning of the school year, Xia Lin jumped from the 23rd place in the class before last semester to the fifth place and at the same time ranked in the top 30 of the whole grade, almost shocking the head teacher's chin.

Of course, the head teacher will not miss this good opportunity to cultivate the typical tree and grasp the style of learning. Every time he seizes the opportunity in class, he will praise Xia Lin fiercely, which annoyed Xia Lin.

On the weekend after the monthly examination was released, Xia Lin was guerking a lot of simulation questions and stayed at home to continue to concentrate on his question sea tactics.

After 7 p.m., Xia Lin received a phone call from Song Yan: "Xia Lin, remember what day it is today?"

Xia Lin frowned: "Are you drunk?"

Song Yan repeated with his tongue big: "I asked you if you still remember what day it is."

Xia Lin of course remembers what day it is.

On this day in the last life, Xia Lin carefully prepared a birthday gift for Song Yan, but failed to send it out.

In this life, gifts no longer exist, because they are not needed at all.

"I don't remember," Xia Lin held the pen in his hand tightly, but his tone was very flat. "I'm doing the questioning. What can I do for you?"

Today is Lao Tzu's birthday! Song Yan roared on the other end of the phone, "Xia Lin, you are really heartless, even forgetting my birthday. You are determined to break up with me, right?"

Xia Lin held his mobile phone and was silent for a moment. When he opened his mouth again, his tone was still very flat: "Where's Yu Luotong? Haven't you been very close to him recently? Let him accompany you..."

"Don't mention other people to me," Song Yan rudely interrupted him. "Xia Lin, I just want to ask you, do you not think of me as a brother?"

Xia Lin didn't say anything.

Song Yan continued, "I'll wait for you in the same place. I'll wait for you until 12 p.m. If you don't come after 12 o'clock, believe it or not, I will never pay attention to you again.

With that, he hung up the phone very aggressively.

Xia Lin looked at his mobile phone and frowned slightly.

He is not afraid that Song Yanna will threaten him with his break-of- friendship, because that was his original purpose.

However, listening to Song Yan's voice, he seemed to be drunk. He was worried that if Song Yan was allowed to stay there alone, something would happen sooner or later.

What Song Yan called the "old place" is the rooftop of an old unfinished building.

When he was a child, he and Song Yan once regarded the place as their secret base. Every time they played truant, they would sneak there for a long time, and even Zhou Shuo could not find them.

After going to high school, they gradually went less. Xia Lin almost forgot the existence of that place, but he didn't expect that Song Yan would suddenly think of running there on his birthday this time.

After hesitation for a moment, Xia Lin sighed, stood up, and walked out of the bedroom with his coat.

Zhou Shuo's room was next door to Xia Lin. Seeing that Xia Lin suddenly opened the door and went out, he didn't have time to ask anything. He put on his coat and went downstairs.

Xia Liang was watching the news in the living room downstairs. Seeing the two running out one after another, he turned his head and asked, "Where are you going in the evening?"

"Song Yan is a little anxious," Xia Lintou did not reply. "I will be back soon."

Xia Liang couldn't call Xia Lin, so he had to call Zhou Shuo down, "Let Uncle Teng drive you off. It's not easy to fight at night."

"Oh, oh." Zhou Shuo was odd and then nodded.

Uncle Teng is half of Xia Liang's bodyguard. Xia Liang doesn't like to have people following him everywhere, so he usually only remembers Uncle Teng's existence when he uses the car.