Chapter 1

After the defeat of Calamity Ganon, Hyrule returned to its former glory. It took years for the kingdom to be reconstructed after a century of destruction, and to this date, it was still under reconstruction. Princess Zelda had married the Hylian Champion Link just a few years after Calamity Ganon was defeated, and soon, the princess gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Princess Rhiannon became a symbol of hope for Hyrule--she had her mother's intelligence and her father's courage, however, she had a knack for getting into trouble. Unlike previous Hyrulian royalty, Princess Rhiannon was rather different. She would sometimes dress in her father's clothes, she would sneak out at night to sword-battle with whatever monster she came across with, and she preferred to go around picking fights instead of showing diplomacy. Her behavior came to a point that Princess Zelda decided to isolate Rhiannon until she matured, which only fueled her thirst for adventure. In a way, it became Zelda's shame, for others would blame this uncouth behavior on Link, claiming that he encouraged it.

"Rhiannon! It's 7 am!" Princess Zelda knocked at her daughter's door, but there was no response, "Rhiannon! Wake up! It is time--"

She gasped as she opened the door. Princess Rhiannon was not there, and she noticed her window was opened. "Princess Rhiannon has escaped again!" Zelda shouted, "Initiate total lockdown of Hyrule Castle! No one enters and no one leaves until Rhiannon appears!"

"Yes, Your Highness!" A guard said. The castle went into full lockdown. Guards were searching for the missing princess in whatever place they could search to no avail. "Link? Link!" Princess Zelda stormed into the royal bedroom, "Wake up! Rhiannon has disappeared again!"

"Wh--Again?" he gasped. "Get up! We must find her!" Zelda commanded, "She cannot have gone that far!"

"This right here is a Decayed Guardian," Princess Rhiannon whispered to herself, "Father says they can only be defeated with special arrows. I've feared them all my life, but now, they will fear me!"

As she approached the Decayed Guardian, Princess Rhiannon reached for her bow and an Ancient Arrow. "I am Princess Rhiannon of Hyrule!" she shouted as the Guardian came back to life, "Today, you will fear me!"

Before the Guardian could attack, Rhiannon shot an arrow at its eye. It caused damage, but it wasn't enough to defeat it. "Huh?! It didn't work?!" she gasped, then realized it was time for her to run. "Stupid arrows!" Rhiannon shouted, "Zig-zag movements!"

She moved in a zig-zag formation, trying to avoid the Guardian's beam until it was out of its range. "I knew the guy that sold them to me was a sham!" Rhiannon groaned, "Father says those special arrows can only be acquired in Akkala, but will mother ever let me go there? No!" The princess sat down as she crossed her arms angrily. She stared at the Decayed Guardian in the distance. "Supposedly this is the spot where father lost his life," she sighed, "Fort Hateno is one big graveyard. These empty Guardian husks give me the heebie-jeebies."

Rhiannon looked all around her. The mechanic carcasses of Guardians surrounded her, they all seemed that they could come back to life at any moment. "One day, I'll go explore every inch of Hyrule as father did," she sighed, "maybe I'll even venture further beyond Hyrule. I'll prove mother and everyone else wrong! Let's go back, Sapphire."

Rhiannon mounted her white horse, which she named Sapphire, a descendant of her mother's horse from the days of old. She headed towards the stable near Fort Hateno for a break. At the entrance, a young woman was waiting for her. "Well, look who's back," the woman laughed, "had fun hunting down that Decayed Guardian?"