Chapter 6

Rhiannon woke up disoriented. "I had that dream again," she whispered, "the one where I'm riding a brown horse in a snowfield... Meh, I'm sure it might just be deja vu."

"Rhiannon! It's 7 am!" Zelda knocked at the door. "I'm already up!" Rhiannon answered, "I'll be out in a minute!"

"You received another letter!" Zelda said, "I will slide it under your door!"

Rhiannon observed as Zelda slid the envelope under the door. "It was sent from Zora's Domain," she added, "it arrived this morning."

"Thanks, mother!" Rhiannon said as she picked the envelope. She headed back to her bed and opened it there.

Dear Princess Rhiannon,

I know I have only met you and the others once, but I would love to form a friendship with all of you. If it is not a problem, I would like you to come over to Zora's Domain and go swimming on East Reservoir Lake. I would love it if you were able to come.

Best wishes,

Princess Zya of the Zora

"Father, can you escort me to Zora's Domain?" Rhiannon asked during breakfast, "Princess Zya invited me to go swimming."

Link exchanged looks with Zelda. "Please?" Rhiannon pleaded, "It's already been 3 days! I tried to behave!"

"Only if Daron goes as well," Zelda said. "I'll be with Rhiannon at all times," Link said, "no need for Daron to come."

Zelda flashed Link a disapproving glance. "Fine," Link sighed. "What?" Rhiannon gasped, "Come on!"

"Sorry, Rhiannon," Link said, "Your mother's orders are orders."

"Maybe I'll drown him when my father turns his back," Rhiannon rolled her eyes. After breakfast, Rhiannon and Link set off towards Zora's Domain. "Does he have to come with us?" Rhiannon murmured, throwing her thumb over her shoulder to point at Daron. "Trust me," Link said, "I'll make sure he doesn't bother you. I want you to have fun today."

"You'll do that for me, father?!" Rhiannon gasped, "You're the best!"

Daron observed from his horse how Link and Rhiannon would murmur between each other all trip long. It was around noon when they reached Zora's Domain. "I'm not as physically fit as I used to be," Link said as he struggled to walk. "It was your idea to leave the horses behind!" Rhiannon said. "Give me a break, will ya?" Link asked, "You think it's easy for your 100-and-something-year-old father?"

"You'll be fine, old man!" Rhiannon giggled. "General!" Daron called, "Are you okay? Do you require assistance?"

"I'm fine," Link replied, "Besides, we're already in Zora's Domain."

Rhiannon gasped at the beauty and glimmer of Zora's Domain. "It feels like a dream," she said, "it's so beautiful!"

"Princess Rhiannon! Over here!" Princess Zya called. Rhiannon walked nervously towards her. "Welcome to Zora's Domain," Zya said, taking a bow, "I am so glad you made it here safely."

"Thanks for inviting me," Rhiannon smiled, "this place is beautiful!"

Her eyes suddenly fell over a silver statue of Champion Mipha. "Isn't she pretty?" Zya asked, "That's my aunt, Princess Mipha, the Zora Champion! And if you look behind you, you'll see Divine Beast Vah Ruta!"

"I saw it!" Rhiannon exclaimed, "It's much bigger up close!"

"Link!" Both girls looked over to see Prince Sidon walking down the stairs, "It is so good to see you!"