Chapter 44: Judgment Day, Part 1 -- Reinvention

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS POSSIBLE TEARS OF THE KINGDOM SPOILERS!!! 

 "Champ? Are you alright?" Link asked. "Y-Yes, I'm alright..." Rhiannon stuttered, "...I just got cold..."

"You had a blanket on," Link said, walking up to her to feel her forehead, "you don't seem to have a fever. Are you sure you're okay? Did you not like the sword?"

"No, no, I love it," Rhiannon answered, "I just... something happened when I touched the sword."

"What happened?" Link asked nervously, "What did you see?"

"It was a golden flash," Rhiannon replied, "then I heard a voice. It told me to reach into my true power... I don't know whose voice it was... It was probably the Goddess..."

There was then silence between them. "We can talk about it more in the morning, champ," Link said, "get some sleep."

"If I even can sleep," Rhiannon sighed, "I've been sleeping all day."

They then lay down, staring blankly at the ceiling as Link blew out the candles and gas lamps.

The night skies turned blood red as an ominous red moon began rising in the sky. "Minions!" Ratna's voice echoed, "All of you who have submitted to serve Lord Ganon! The time has come! The Beast of Destruction has been completed!"

The crowd before her roared in ecstasy. "Hyrule will fall!" Ratna continued, "On the next Blood Moon, Judgment Day will sweep over Hyrule Kingdom and erase it forever! Prepare for the real King of Hyrule to raise a brand new kingdom!"

She let out a peal of thunderous evil laughter as the crowd in front of her roared. "Tick-tock, Rhiannon," Ratna smirked, "time is running out."

Rhiannon woke up in a jolt, letting out an ear-piercing shriek. "Champ! What's wrong?!" Link ran up the stairs, approaching the princess, "Calm down! Breathe in..."

"I had a nightmare," Rhiannon answered, "Joji's beast is still out there and Ratna could use it at any moment! We have to find it!"

"We have to find out how to cure your blindness," Link said, "I won't let you go out there while Ratna has the advantage."

"So, what are we going to do?" Rhiannon asked. "I guess we gotta wait on a miracle," Link sighed, "let's hope your friends make it out of Hyrule Castle."

"I knew it!" Zya shouted, "Ratna knew we were coming!"

"What part of always one step ahead do you lot not understand?" the gang looked up to see Ratna walk down the corridor, splashing water as she walked, "You all fell into my trap like moths following a lamp... When are you going to understand? You failed. There is nothing left for you or Rhiannon to do. You've all been defeated."

The monsters that were being held in the cells began closing them in. "Where's Dori?!" Daron hissed, "Where do you have her?!"

"You're always welcome to join her!" Ratna chuckled, "She's really, really close!"

Before they knew it, all of them fell unconscious. "Hey!" Dori's voice called, "Wake up!"

"A-Are we... in a dungeon?" Tulin gasped. "Great..." Aya sighed, "...back in this hellhole again."

"Dori!" Daron shouted, "Are you okay? Did she hurt you?"

"I'm alright," Dori answered, "What are you guys doing here? Where's Rhia?"

"Rhiannon was unable to come," Zya sighed, "Ratna has caused her to be partially blind. General Link is looking over her until her vision improves."

"So, there is hope..." Dori sighed, "I knew Rhia wouldn't give up that easily. Not my best friend."