Chapter 11: The Lost Princess of Hyrule, Part 1

TRIGGER WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS GRAPHIC DEPICTIONS OF VIOLENCE

Rhiannon...

Rhiannon...

Wake up, Rhiannon

Princess Rhiannon of Hyrule opened her blue eyes. She looked around to see the dimly lit place she was stuck in, with the only light being the one coming from something above her. "Mother? Father?" she called. "Do not be afraid, Rhiannon," Princess Zelda's voice said. "Listen carefully to our instructions," Champion Link's voice added, "Hyrule needs you."

Rhiannon noticed that she was holding a dry Silent Princess in her hand, throwing it to the side. "Mother? Father? Where are you?!" she asked. She also noticed she had no clothes on, only her undergarments. "Do not worry about us, my dear," Zelda's voice said. "Look towards your left," Link's voice commanded, "you will find a device called the Sheikah Slate. I'm sure you remember it."

"I... I don't..." Rhiannon gasped, "I can't remember anything! I only remember my name! How long was I asleep for?!"

"There is no time to explain, Rhiannon," Zelda's voice replied, "take the Sheikah Slate as your father said."

Rhiannon obeyed, reaching for the Sheikah Slate. "Use it on the door," Link's voice said. Anxiously, Rhiannon placed the slate on a scanner, opening a large door. The next chamber was revealed after her. "Take what is in those chests," Zelda's voice commanded, "you will need them for now."

Two wooden chests appeared after Rhiannon's eyes. She opened all of them to see an old raggedy gown and a pair of shoes. As she headed towards the next door, she climbed a small platform. "What now?" she asked. "This is where your journey begins," Link's voice replied. "Good luck, Rhiannon," both voices said. "Wait!" Rhiannon sobbed, "Mother! Father! Come back!"

There was no response. She tried to hold her tears in as she placed the Sheikah Slate on the scanner. The door opened, letting in the blinding sunlight. Rhiannon walked out of the chamber taking a look at the view in front of her. She noticed Hyrule Castle, the Hebra Mountains, Death Mountain, Mount Lanayru, and the Dueling Peaks on the horizon. She took a closer look at the panorama: large clouds of smoke and the sounds of cannons would echo in the distance. "What happened to Hyrule?" she muttered to herself. "Oh my Goddess..." she gasped, "Mother! Father!" she then headed down a path, running as fast as her legs could take her, "I'm coming!"

As she ran down a steep hill, she noticed the ruins around her. Guardian husks laid around her. Each one of them gave her chills, she knew any of them could come back to life. "Mother! Father!" Rhiannon gasped, "What were my friends' names?! Dareen? I can't remember anything!"

From the ruins around and the bushes, a group of rabid red Bokoblins jumped out. Rhiannon backed up a little, her heart began racing. "I don't have any weapons!" she said, "I'm all alone! Please take mercy on me!"

The Bokoblins did not react to her words. They would continue roaring and oinking loudly, they had her surrounded. Before they could attack, she closed her eyes as she cowered when suddenly the sunlight was blocked. She looked up to see a large figure stand in front of her, slaying the Bokoblins as they fell dead to the floor. Rhiannon gasped in horror as she saw the massive dark figure in front of her. "Are you okay?" the figure asked in a deep male voice. Rather than replying with words, Rhiannon let out a terrified scream, heading back to where she came from. She ran up the hill where she spotted an ax sitting idly on a tree stump. Without hesitating, she pulled it out and waited to ambush the man. When he got closer, Rhiannon jumped out with the ax in her hands. "Halt!" she shouted, "Who are you?! How did you know I was here?!"