Chapter 37: The Spring of Power, Part 3

"I have nowhere to run!" Rhiannon exclaimed, "What do I do now?!"

Before the Guardian could send its attack, Rhiannon felt how their body was lifted. They looked up to see Tulin carrying them towards the top of the tower. "Get the map," he said, "I'll handle the Guardian!"

Rhiannon observed as Tulin reached for the Great Eagle Bow and an Ancient arrow from his quiver. Meanwhile, Link made his way up, maniacally climbing after an updraft died out behind him. "Nice way to say you still hate me even in death, Revali," he hissed, "my daughter's in danger and you let me down! I'm coming, champ! Just hang on!"

"Why is this place so plagued with Guardians and monsters?!" Aya groaned. "The Akkala Citadel was the last line of defense during the first Calamity," Dori answered as she took down a Skywatcher with an Ancient Arrow, "It's no surprise Calamity Ganon attacked this place again, it's practically in shambles and without the citadel, Hyrule is practically defenseless!"

"You're telling us Hyrule is this destroyed because of this stupid building?!" Aya gasped. "Less chatting, more fighting!" Zya groaned as she thrust the Lightscale Trident into a corrupted Bokoblin's skull, "We have to make it to the top!"

When Link reached the top, he noticed the red gooey substance on the surface. "A pool of malice..." he whispered, "...and it's worse than it was before. I don't want to know what happened here."

"General!" Tulin shouted, "Be careful! There are Guardians hidden under this...substance!"

As Rhiannon placed the Sheikah Slate on the reader, she overheard the conversation. "Is Rhiannon up there?" Link asked. "Yes, sir," Tulin answered. "We have to get out of here!" Link commanded, "Not only is the citadel dangerous, but the structure of the building itself is also compromised!"

"What?!" Rhiannon gasped, peeping their head over the edge of the tower. "Just grab that map and hurry!" Link exclaimed. "Watch out!" Daron stopped the RhiGang from moving when a large piece of debris fell in front of them, "We cannot stay here! We must retreat!"

"Rhiannon and the general are coming down!" Tulin landed next to them, "The top of the citadel is a nightmare! There are Guardians hidden under that weird red substance!"

They looked up as Link and Rhiannon glided down, both sharing the paraglider at once. "The citadel is slowly falling apart," Link sighed, "I fear that it will completely collapse soon."

"We should probably leave," Rhiannon sighed, "at least I have the map."

She opened the Sheikah Slate to see that a part of the map had cleared, revealing the Akkala region. "We should head to Tarrey Town," Dori suggested, "it's not far from here and we are going to need rest."

"Right, then," Rhiannon nodded, "We spend the night there, then we'll head to the Spring of Power."

"I disagree," Aya said, making everyone look up to her, "Hello? Have you guys forgotten that we need a scale?"

"Right," Rhiannon whispered. "Dinraal," Link added, "he appears in the back of Death Mountain in the Eldin region, though he has also been seen near the Hebra region."

"Huh," Tulin said, "that's weird, I have never seen it before."

"I guess we'll go find it in the morning," Koli sighed. "No," Rhiannon said, "we're near the Eldin Mountains, we could go find Dinraal now! We still have a few more hours before the sun sets! We have to get going now!"

"Don't you remember the Flank of Eldin is plagued with those corrupted monsters?" Dori asked, "We'll be eaten before Dinraal appears!"

"Dinraal appears as the sun goes down," Link said, "We must get moving now."