Chapter 20: Divine Beast Vah Medoh, Part 1

"The Master Cycle Zero!" Rhiannon gasped. "Leave it!" Dori replied, "We can summon it later! We gotta run!"

She took Rhiannon by the wrist to lift her, then pulled her away as the Guardian drew near. They ran across a stone bridge above the Hylia River. "Okay, it's gone," Dori sighed, looking back to see that they were away from the Guardian's range, "are you okay?"

"Dori! The Master Cycle Zero's not responding!" Rhiannon said in distress as she aimed the Sheikah Slate at the ground, "It won't summon! I think it's broken!"

"Let me try," Dori said, taking the Sheikah Slate in her hands. She tried summoning the Master Cycle Zero to no avail. "What the heck?!" Dori gasped, "The Master Cycle Zero is supposed to be indestructible!"

"Whoa..." Rhiannon and Dori turned around to see Hyrule Castle up close. Rhiannon looked up at the castle in horror; she saw a golden glow coming from the santorum. Flashbacks of the day the Calamity started rushing through her mind, her heart began pounding, it felt like it was about to pop out of her chest. She stumbled backward, bumping into Dori. "Whoa, Rhia!" she exclaimed, "Hey! It's okay!"

"M-My parents are in there..." Rhiannon said, "They're trapped inside, and it's my fault..."

"It's not, Rhia," Dori said, "I promise we'll save your parents--"

"Get me out of here, Dori," Rhiannon commanded, "I don't want to be here..."

"You got it," Dori said, "come, I know a shortcut to the Tabantha Frontier."

Dori guided Rhiannon over green hills that the princess recognized instantly. She kept looking over her shoulder to take a glance at Hyrule Castle. "I used to look out my window all the time," she sighed, "I would always glance at these hills... I remember sitting by the window one night after arguing with my mother, and my father walked in."

"Do you remember what he said?" Dori asked. "I was telling him that I hated being a princess," Rhiannon answered, "he said that I had to acknowledge my role as princess."

Link's warm smile flashed across Rhiannon's mind, making her sob. She quickly wiped her tears away as they continued walking. In the distance, Rhiannon noticed a group of horses ahead of her. There was a particular horse that caught her attention: a brown-coated horse with a blonde mane and tail. "Dori..." Rhiannon said, "I want that horse..."

"Then, go for it," Dori said, "you tamed a Lynel, you can tame a simple horse while we fix our situation with the Master Cycle Zero."

Rhiannon approached the group of horses, walking slowly and as silently as she could towards the brown horse. "Please don't kick me, please don't kick me..." Rhiannon thought, sweating nervously. Dori observed as Rhiannon approached the horse, biting her nails anxiously. Rhiannon took in a deep breath, then leaped into the air and mounting the brown horse. The horse tried to buck her off as she held on tightly. "Whoa! Calm down, boy!" Rhiannon said, trying to calm it down. Finally, the horse gave into Rhiannon's command. "Good boy," she whispered, "you remind me of the horse my father used to ride, her name was Epona."

"Calm down, you dumb beast!" Rhiannon looked up to see Dori trying to tame a grey horse. "You need help there?" Rhiannon laughed. "I've got this!" Dori replied as the horse calmed down, "All we need is a stable to register them. If I'm not mistaken, Serenne Stable should be that way."

They rode the horses further north from Hyrule Castle to an old stable. "The end is here!" an old Hylian man shouted, "The end is here! It's just a matter of time before we all die!"

Rhiannon and Dori exchanged nervous looks. "Okay, grandpa," a young Hylian woman sighed, "let's go back inside."

She then noticed the two horses in front of her. "Oh, hi!" she said, "I'm Ashe, welcome to Serenne Stable!"