Chapter 9

Rhiannon's Diary #9

The unexpected happened today! Daron finally got fired! It's been a few days since the closure of the Underworld, and ever since I told Daron I hate him to his face, he glued himself closer to me than ever before. I never thought he would cross the line, but he did... He forced me to kiss him! He said, and I quote, "I want something in return." When I told my father about it, he did not have it! My father was so angry, I've never seen him this enraged before. He would have killed Daron then and there if it wasn't that my mother stopped him. Somehow, my mother believed my side of the story, so she fired him then and there if he didn't want to face all of his miserable life in prison.

In other news, Zya has once again invited me to Zora's Domain. This time, she invited me only. Since my parents and I are going to the Spring of Wisdom in two or so days, making the jump to Zora's Domain while they stay in Hateno Village will be a piece of cake.

Living a Daron-free life,

Rhiannon Amatola Hyrule

Rhiannon took a deep sigh, closing her diary and heading to bed. By the next morning, she reunited with her parents in the gardens, then headed towards the Dueling Peaks. "It's been a while since we were last in Hateno Village," Link said, "I hope the old house is still in order."

"I mean, I was 13 when we last were there," Rhiannon sighed. "That just means we'll have to dust around," Zelda sighed. "And you purchased that old thing for what exactly, father?" Rhiannon asked. "I needed a place to stay, y'know?" Link replied, "It was abandoned, it was in disrepair, and well, I thought it would be the perfect place for an exhausted Champion to rest."

"How much did it cost?" Zelda asked. "5000 rupees," Link answered, "or was it 10,000? Somewhere around that amount."

"10,000 rupees?! For a house falling apart?!" Rhiannon asked, "That's obscene!"

Upon arriving at Hateno Village, Link and Zelda began reorganizing the old house while Rhiannon roamed around the exterior of the house. The sight of Mount Lanayru made her angry, knowing that she had to walk through miles of snow to get to the icy waters of the Spring of Wisdom. "Rhiannon!" Zelda called, "Come help us out, please!"

"Coming!" Rhiannon obeyed, going inside the house. She joined her parents in cleaning and organizing the old house. As she cleaned the second floor, she noticed something on the wall that caught her attention. Within the old, dusty frames on the wall, Rhiannon noticed one that was larger than the others. She removed part of the dust to see a Sheikah Slate-generated picture of her parents at a young age. "Are those...?" she gasped, "No way! Those are my parents!"

She began removing more of the dust from the picture revealing the rest of the Champions. The faces of Revali, Mipha, Daruk, and Urbosa appeared from the dust. "It's the Champions!" she gasped, "This picture must be old!"

"Indeed it is," Link sighed. "Father!" Rhiannon exclaimed, "I didn't mean to--"

"It's fine," Link smiled, "that picture was taken the day of our inauguration. It was taken under Champion Mipha's request."

"You look so young!" Rhiannon said. "I had just turned 17 a few days before that," Link said, "your mother was 16 going on 17. Lady Impa was the one that took it."

"What are we talking about up here?" Zelda asked, walking up the stairs. "Rhiannon found that old picture of us," Link answered, "you remember, don't you?"

"Oh! That picture!" Zelda gasped, "I've been debating whether we should take it back to the castle to put it next to the painting of us three."

"Can I put it in my room?" Rhiannon asked. "No, it will go in the throne room," Zelda replied, "as I said, it belongs next to the painting of us."