Chapter 36: The Spring of Power, Part 2

"Dexter!" Rhiannon called, "Dex!"

"It's getting dark," Tulin sighed, "my visibility is decreasing."

Rhiannon's eyes then fell on the waterfall in the distance. "What's that over there?" they asked. "Nirvata Lake, why?" Dori asked. "Let's go find him there," Rhiannon commanded, "a hunch tells me he probably headed that way."

"We better hurry," Aya said, "Tulin can't see in the dark."

"W-What if there are monsters down there?" Koli stuttered, "Big ones! Like a Lynel!"

"It doesn't matter," Rhiannon said, "we have to go find Dex before he becomes a Stal monster's dinner!"

"There it is," Dexter whispered, "if I'm right, this should be it..."

There was a large boulder in front of him. "Rhiannon will be able to defeat it in seconds!" he whispered, "That will make her feel like a knight again!"

"I see him!" Rhiannon said as she looked through the Sheikah Slate's scope, "I found him!"

"He's standing near a Stone Talus!" Koli exclaimed, "I recognize that rock formation anywhere!"

"Dexter!" Rhiannon called, attracting his attention, "Step away from there!"

The rocks began to move around him, alarming him and making him run towards the princess. "We're going to have to fight that thing!" Dori exclaimed as the rocks formed a Stone Talus. "I can't see anything!" Tulin shouted, "What the heck is happening?!"

"Koli! I need the Boulder Breaker!" Rhiannon commanded. Koli obeyed, handing them the Boulder Breaker. "Hold this," they said, passing Koli the Ancient sword. The princess then ran towards the Stone Talus as it threw boulders the size of a Moblin at them. "Rhiannon! Are you insane?!" Aya called. "They're going to get themself kill!" Zya cried, "We have to help them!"

Rhiannon climbed the Stone Talus as it tried to regenerate its stony arms. They noticed a luminous stone deposit, so they swung the Boulder Breaker and aimed it at the ore. It stopped the Stone Talus momentarily before it threw the princess off its body, making them land a few feet away. "Rhiannon!" the RhiGang gasped. "What's going on?!" Tulin asked, "I can't see! Is Rhiannon okay?!"

Rhiannon rose to her feet, but her vision was blurry and her ears were ringing. She was also heavily bleeding due to the impact. "Oh, my gods!" Zya gasped, "They're injured!"

"What the hell were you thinking coming out here, kid?!" Aya asked Dexter angrily, "Your mother is worried about you and you're about to get our fiance killed!"

"Rhiannon!" Dori shouted, "Look out!"

Rhiannon turned around to see another large rock coming at her. She shielded herself, activating the orange force camp. Although it stopped the rock, it still knocked her off her feet. "Rhiannon is down!" Koli shouted, "What do we do?!"

"We need arrows to destroy that thing!" Dori said, "Our only archer is out of commission! Rito can't see at night!"

"All I see are distant lights and... is that luminous stone?!" Tulin asked, "Why were we cursed with this affliction, Hylia?!"

"Focus on making sure Rhiannon isn't dead!" Aya argued, "We can't lose her again!"

Before they knew it, there was a loud explosion that made the Stone Talus stumble. "Everyone back up!" Link commanded, "I'll handle it from here!"

He began to shoot bomb arrows at the Stone Talus. Once it was weak, Link snapped his fingers–a bolt of lightning fell from the sky, making the monster crumble into pebbles. He then turned around to see Rhiannon's unconscious body on the ground, she was still bleeding. "Rhiannon! Wake up!" he said, pressing his ear to her chest. Link sighed in relief when he heard Rhiannon's heart beating. "She's still alive," he said, making the others sigh in relief as well. Dexter tried to hide behind Zya when he caught Link's glance. "You, young man," he said sternly, making Zya move to expose him, "what were you thinking? Coming out here to taunt that Stone Talus could have cost you your life! You nearly cost my daughter her life!"