Chapter 19: The Sword That Seals the Darkness

After leaving Goron City, Rhiannon and Dori headed down the path and headed towards a stable. Rhiannon noticed that the area seemed familiar, she knew she had been there before. "I didn't realize how close to Hyrule Castle we are," Dori said, pointing at the castle in the distance, "it's kinda scary."

"I see a Sheikah tower in the distance," Rhiannon said, "I'm heading there."

"Wait, Rhia," Dori said, "...there's something I have to confess..."

"Did you hook up with someone again?" Rhiannon asked. "No," Dori sighed, "it's...about you..."

"What about me?" Rhiannon asked nervously. "I've been hiding something," Dori sighed, "I was there the day that you died..."

"What?!" Rhiannon gasped, "Y-You witnessed everything and you didn't tell me?!"

"I'm technically not allowed to tell you anything," Dori replied, "I made that promise to your parents..."

"You want me to figure out something I have no memory of on my own?!" Rhiannon asked, "You have to tell me what happened!"

"I can't!" Dori shouted, "I'm sorry! I promised your parents I'd help you figure it out! But I'm not allowed to say it!"

"Just when I thought you and I were on good terms," Rhiannon hissed, "you can't even talk to me on the one thing I've been wanting to know... You're not just a bad friend, you're a terrible friend."

She then mounted the Master Cycle Zero. "Wait! Rhia!" Dori stood in her way, "I'm sorry, okay?! Just forgive me!"

"Get out of my way, Dori," Rhiannon commanded as she tried to drive around her. "Just listen to me!" Dori sobbed, "I promise I'll help you--"

"Out of my way! Now!" Rhiannon bellowed. Without any option left, Dori obeyed, moving aside as she watched Rhiannon follow a path uphill. She parked the Master Cycle Zero behind a tree and walked confidently towards the Sheikah tower, only to freeze in her tracks. The Sheikah tower was standing in the middle of a bog, surrounded by electric monsters and old Guardian husks. At the top of the tower, a Skywatcher Guardian flew around, scanning the tower from base to the very tip. She then turned around to see if there was a peak high enough to get her safely to the top, then began climbing. After an hour or two, she reached a high peak. "This should be high enough," she sighed, taking a few steps back and leaping off the edge. She quickly reached for the paraglider, making her way to the top. "I'm gonna make it!" she thought, then began noticing she was losing altitude, "I'm not gonna make it! I'm not gonna make it!"

She fell on a platform halfway through the Sheikah tower. She then began climbing, keeping an eye on the Skywatcher Guardian. She would hide as much as she could to avoid its spotlight, nearly falling into it once or twice. Finally, she reached the top, only to notice that there was a huge skull covering the view. "Oh, come on!" she exclaimed angrily, reluctantly placing the Sheikah Slate on the reader as she hid from the Guardian's spotlight. She finally reached for the slate to check the map. As she jumped off the tower, she accidentally glided into the Guardian's spotlight attracting its attention. The Guardian locked her in, then sent a laser beam towards her that she dodged for just inches. Rhiannon landed on the ground, running away to avoid the Guardian's beam. Once she lost it, she noticed she was far away from the tower and in a foggy place. She took various steps back nervously as her heart began pounding. "Wait," Rhiannon said faintly, "why is this place familiar? Have I been here before?"

She eyed the area multiple times as memories began rushing through her mind like a raging river.

Many years ago

"Father! Wait!" a 7-year-old Princess Rhiannon ran behind her father. Link did not seem to react to her calls, he just kept walking uphill. "Wait for me, father!" Rhiannon shouted as she followed him into the fog of the forest. "Father? Father!" she called. The deeper into the forest she went, the less she could see ahead of her. She repeated calling out for her father, only to be answered by her own echo. As she turned, she ran into a tree with a monstrous face. Rhiannon shrieked in horror as she ran into another monstrous tree, running into a thick mist. She opened her eyes to see that she was back to where she started. The little princess spun around in her heels, sobbing as she ran away from the mysterious forest. She stopped by a large boulder, sitting on the ground. "Father!" she sobbed loudly. Out of the mist, Link walked out, putting the Master Sword back in its scabbard. As he walked out of the mist, he noticed Rhiannon's cries. "Rhiannon!" he ran towards her, "Are you okay? Are you hurt?"