Chapter 31: Calamity Link, Part 3

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS GRAPHIC DEPICTIONS OF VIOLENCE

The RhiGang reached Hateno Beach as the moon and stars appeared in the sky. It was pitch black but Rhiannon could still see the yellow eyes of Keese flying in their direction. They reached for the Master Sword, killing the bat-like creatures in one swing. "Stop wasting the sword's power!" Dori said. "Quick! Into the water!" Rhiannon said. Before they could reach the sea, various Yiga spies and blademasters appeared before them. "Well, well, well," Joji appeared between them, "if it isn't Princess Rhiannon and her friends."

"Joji!" Rhiannon exclaimed, their voice echoing like thunder, "You betrayed us! How dare you?!"

"We put our trust in you!" Dori said, "You stabbed us in the back!"

"Terrible decision, really," Joji shook his head as he chuckled. "How dare you..." Zya hissed, "How dare you?!"

"Capture the princess and kill the others," Joji commanded, "leave none alive."

"Rhiannon, you go after Joji," Aya said, "we'll deal with the rest."

Rhiannon reached for the Master Sword and a shield then charged toward Joji as the rest of the RhiGang charged toward the spies. "I'm tired of you Yiga scumbags!" Dori hissed, slashing a spy with her longblade. "I will not let you touch my dearest!" Zya exclaimed, impaling a blademaster with the Lightscale Trident, then doing the same to a spy. Meanwhile, Tulin and Aya kept a few of them at bay. "On your right!" Tulin exclaimed. Aya quickly lifted the Daybreaker shield to stop an attack. "We need aerial support!" she exclaimed. "On it!" Tulin obeyed, taking flight and loading a handful of bomb arrows into his bow. He made the bombs raid on the enemy, making sure not to hit Aya as she ran away from the explosions. On the other hand, Koli would whack some of the spies with the Boulder Breaker, letting their unconscious bodies get carried away by the waves. "How do you like that, huh?!" he laughed. "How about you mess with someone your size, big guy?" he turned to see a blademaster near him, preparing his windcleaver to attack. "I-I'm not a-afraid anymore!" Koli said, "I won't let you hurt my friends!"

He bravely jumped into action, activating his orange force camp to shield himself from the attack. "I won't let the Yiga reach Rhiannon!" Koli thought, "She showed me how to be brave! She taught me that courage is not measured by the size of my muscles but by the size of my heart! I am stronger than anyone can bargain for! Just as Lord Daruk would've wanted me to be!"

"Take this!" He exclaimed, violently swinging the Boulder Breaker and hitting the blademaster with such brute force that his body flew several feet away, finally falling dead after his head hit a rock. "Yeah! How's that for someone your size, huh?!" Koli laughed, "You wanted to fuss around and find out so you fussed around and found out! That's how we do it in Goron City, baby!"

"Do not let Princess Rhiannon get to me!" Joji exclaimed, sending two spies toward the princess. Rhiannon activated the orange force camp, making them stumble and fall. They quickly slashed the spies' throats in one swift swing before going behind Joji. "I'll chase him towards the water," they thought, "I'll use Champion Urbosa's gift there and shock him to death!"

They tried to lure Joji into the sea but he would run around in circles until he decided to run into the water. "Dori!" Rhiannon called, "Everyone get out of the water now!"

"You heard them! Out!" Dori commanded, leading the RhiGang out of the sea and back into the beach. Rhiannon reached for the Master Sword and took a deep breath. "Come on," she thought, "work..."

When she swung the Master Sword, a wave of light left the blade like a bright blue boomerang. It hit Joji in the back, making him fall into the water as he screamed in agony. "It's over," Rhiannon said, raising her hand in the air, "give up!"