Chapter 22: Divine Beast Vah Medoh, Part 3

Rhiannon opened her eyes to see that she was in her room in Hyrule Castle. "Hello?" she gasped, "Mother? Father?"

She touched the walls, her bed, the curtains in her window, her vanity--everything within her reach. It all felt real. "S-So... It was all a bad dream...?" she thought, then walked out of her room. "Mother! Father!" she called, but there was no response. The further down the hallway she went, the more she noticed the emptiness of the castle. "Hello?" she called, "Can anyone hear me?"

She opened the door to her parents' bedroom. "Mother? Father?" Rhiannon called. When she opened the door even more, she discovered the gruesome image of her parents covered in the red gooey substance as the Bokoblin in the Great Plateau. The substance seemed to be consuming Link and Zelda's bodies slowly. "Mother! Father!" Rhiannon gasped. She reached for their hands, trying to pull them out. The more the substance consumed her parents' bodies, the redder it became; it seemed like it was consuming their blood. When she tried to pull them out one more time, she heard a roar coming from behind her. She turned around to see a massive monster with one large eye on its forehead. Rhiannon screeched her lungs out as it drew closer. "Rhiannon! Shut up!" Dori shouted, throwing a pillow at her. Rhiannon woke up in a jump, she noticed it was already daytime. "Why the heck were you screaming so loud?!" Dori groaned, "Do you know what time is it? According to the Sheikah Slate, it's 6:30!"

"Sorry," Rhiannon sighed, "I had a nightmare...again..."

"Hylia, how many nightmares have you had?" Dori gasped. "Quite the handful, honestly," Rhiannon replied, "Anyway, I'm up already so I'll go down to the stable for breakfast."

"I'm staying in bed for another hour," Dori said, "go have breakfast without me."

Rhiannon hopped out of bed and headed out of Rito Village. She walked down to the stable outside the village, where her horse was waiting. "Princess Rhiannon!" a young Hylian man called, "I'm glad to see you again. You left your horse behind so I took care of it."

"Sorry for leaving you behind, Rhoam," Rhiannon sighed, stroking her horse softly. "Ah, so you named it after your grandfather?" the man asked. "Yeah," Rhiannon smiled, "thank you for taking care of him."

"Pleasure's mine, Your Majesty," the Hylian man bowed, then walked away. "Fancy seeing you down here," Rhiannon turned around to see Tulin walking towards her. "Hey, what're you doing down here?" she asked. "Came down for a stroll," Tulin replied, taking a deep sigh, "where's Dori?"

"Up at the inn," Rhiannon answered, "I accidentally woke her up with my screaming."

"Screaming?" Tulin asked. "I've been having bad nightmares as of late," Rhiannon sighed, "this last one was...rather gruesome..."

"Hylia..." Tulin said, "...well if it makes you feel any better, I've also been waking up my mom and neighbors with my screaming."

"A-Are you okay?" Rhiannon asked. "Not, honestly," Tulin sighed, "between my constant panic attacks, my survivor's guilt, and my broken wing, it's been difficult to sleep."

"M-Maybe I can be able to heal you," Rhiannon said. "Huh? How?" Tulin gasped. "It's a long story," Rhiannon replied, "it's a shot in the dark, but it would be worth the try. Come here."

Tulin obeyed, approaching her. Rhiannon placed her hand on his injured wing, taking in deep breaths. "Champion Mipha, Prince Sidon, I ask that you help me heal my friend," she thought, "his people need us. Please listen to my prayer."

She shut her eyes tightly, concentrating all her energy. Tulin gasped softly when he saw small bubbles and green sparks coming from Rhiannon's touch. Rhiannon opened one of her eyes to see Prince Sidon and Princess Mipha's hands next to hers, then they faded away. "M-My wing!" Tulin exclaimed, "It doesn't hurt anymore!"