Chapter 29: Calamity Link, Part 1

CONTENT WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS GRAPHIC DEPICTIONS OF VIOLENCE

"Oh! Lady Dori!" Joji opened the door, "It is so good to see you again!"

"Yeah, yeah," Dori rolled her eyes, "Divine Beast Vah Naboris went great, Rhiannon managed it in no time."

"That is good to hear!" Joji smiled, "Anyway, can I help you with something?"

"I'm here to pick up that armor for Princess Rhiannon," Dori answered, "is it ready?"

"Yes! It's been ready for a while now," Joji answered, letting her in, "right this way."

Dori then spotted the armor in question. "Oh, she is gorgeous!" she exclaimed, "Rhiannon is gonna love it!"

Joji then grinned. "Will she, now?" he said. "You have no idea!" Dori replied, "She will be pleased! Anyway, gotta go. We gotta head to the Spring of Wisdom. See ya!"

"Farewell!" Joji said as he led Dori to the door, shutting it behind her. Once she was away, he walked up a set of stairs and walked towards a device similar to the Sheikah Slate but it was as big as a window. There was a blue screen with a white line outlining Hyrule. Joji stared at the screen as a white dot moved along the map. "The tracker is online," he smirked, "it seems that Dori has learned Sheikah teleportation. Seems like they haven't left the Faron Region yet..."

The RhiGang spent the night at nearby New Deya Village, which was less than five miles away from the underwater Deya Village ruins. Dori appeared at the entrance of the village with the armor in her hands. In the meantime, Rhiannon, Zya, and Aya walked into an armor shop. The princess's attention fell on a shiny soldier armor standing in the middle of the shop. "I want that..." they whispered. "A soldier armor?" Zya asked. "Are you sure?" Aya added. "I always wanted to have an armor of my own," Rhiannon said, "the only one I could wear was my father's old armor. But here is one that is neat, clean, and not a hand-me-down! How much?"

"H-Huh?" the shopkeeper stuttered, "A-Are you sure about it, princess? Wouldn't you like a new t-tunic?"

"Nope, I want this entire armor set," Rhiannon replied. "B-But... That is meant for men to wear!" The shopkeeper said. "The princess said they want this armor," Aya said, "are you going to deny their request?"

"Princess Rhiannon does not follow gender norms," added Zya, "they will dress as they please."

"Now, they asked you a question," Aya said as she and Zya approached the shopkeeper, making her cower behind the counter, "how much for the full armor set?"

"1,250 r-rupees..." the shopkeeper said. "Man, I don't have that much money..." Rhiannon sighed. "Do not worry, dearest," Zya said, "Aya and I will take care of it."

Rhiannon left the shop wearing full soldier armor. She wore it with such pride and joy that she never wanted to take it off. "Nice armor," Dori said, "but, I got you a better one. Remember Joji, the guy from the Akkala Tech Lab?"

"Yeah?" Rhiannon nodded. They gasped when Dori showed them the Ancient armor. "Ta-da!" Dori exclaimed, "Greaves, chest plate, and this head thingy that Joji never bothered to explain what it does."

Without hesitating, Rhiannon tried on the Ancient armor. The headpiece that Dori had mentioned seemed like a helm with a blue visor. When she put it on, it looked like she had opened the Sheikah Slate's scope. When she turned to face the Dueling Peaks in the distance, she saw a group of people on horses approaching from the distance. "Oh no," Rhiannon said, "Dori, we have company."

"It's a raid!" Dori exclaimed, "We have to get these people to safety!"

Trumpets began blaring in the distance. "Rhiannon!" Tulin called, "Invaders are coming from the Northeast! What do we do?"