Chapter 49: The Reawakening, Part 2

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS POSSIBLE TEARS OF THE KINGDOM SPOILERS

TRIGGER WARNING: THIS CHAPTER ALSO CONTAINS GRAPHIC DEPICTIONS OF VIOLENCE

Rhiannon woke up in her bedroom, panting heavily. She noticed that her bedroom was untouched, almost as if the past 25 years had not happened. "I've had this dream before..." she thought. She hopped out of bed to see that she was wearing her old blue tunic instead of her Starlight armor. Confused, Rhiannon touched the walls, her vanity, her wardrobe, and even the floor. It was all real. Next to her vanity, she noticed the Master Sword and the Starlight Sword. "It was all a dream, then?" she asked, "But... how is the Starlight Sword here?"

She walked out of the bedroom and down the hall. Rhiannon noticed that Hyrule Castle was completely intact. "Well, there's the heavy sleeper!" Link's voice attracted her attention; the princess gasped when she saw Link and Zelda at the end of the hall. "We were worried!" Zelda exclaimed, "It's almost 3 pm! You were not waking up!"

"I-It felt like..." Rhiannon stuttered, "25 years..."

"I'm sure it did," Link chuckled. "I had such a crazy dream..." Rhiannon said shyly, "I had a dream that the Mega Guardian killed me, and I slept for 25 years, and when I woke up, Calamity Ganon had taken over Hyrule again and I had to appease the Divine Beasts! And then I had to awaken my sealing power but Calamity Ganon had taken over your body! And then an evil witch was chasing us and the Demon King reawakened and there was–"

"Slow down, champ!" Link stopped her, "Calamity Ganon? Demon King? What are you talking about?"

"This is why you should not eat too much before going to bed, little bird!" Zelda added. "Evil witches," Link giggled, "there haven't been witches in Hyrule since the Great Hyrule War! You sure have some weird dreams, champ!"

"Well," Rhiannon said, "in my dream, you turned into a dragon to stop the witch and the Demon King..."

"A person cannot just turn into a dragon, Rhiannon," Zelda shook her head. "But, you were one, remember?" Rhiannon asked, "During the Upheaval!"

"I have heard enough of this nonsense, Rhiannon!" Zelda exclaimed, "A person cannot turn into a dragon and there is no such thing as an Upheaval! It was all a dream!"

"Oh, yeah?" Rhiannon said, "Explain this, then!"

She took off Link's glove, but it only revealed a normal arm. "It's okay, father," she said, "You can let the illusion go!"

"What illusion?" Link asked. "Your arm!" Rhiannon said, "You lost it, remember? King Rauru gave you his arm!"

"King Rauru?" Zelda asked, "There have been many kings with that name, Rhiannon."

"The Zonai one!" Rhiannon exclaimed, "The founder of our kingdom!"

"That is absurd, champ," Link said, putting his glove back on, "nobody knows how the Zonai looked."

"Yes, we do!" Rhiannon shouted, "You both met King Rauru! Zonai had big, long ears, and they had greenish skin! And they had white hair and three eyes!"

She noticed the way her parents were staring at her. "You guys are looking at me like I'm crazy!" Rhiannon exclaimed, "I'm not making this up!"

"I think sleeping too much has affected you, dear," Zelda sighed, "please, go take some fresh air."

"I'm not 18 anymore, mother," Rhiannon said. "You just turned 18 last week," Link said, "I'm not liking this attitude of yours, missy."

"You know what?" Rhiannon crossed her arms, "Maybe I do need some fresh air... I'll see you both during dinner..."