Chapter 27: The Spring of Courage, Part 2

"Where is our money, punk?!" a dark orange Goron shouted, "You should have paid us back two weeks ago!"

"I'm sorry!" a redheaded Hylian man cried as he was being held upside down, "I haven't been able to get a new job!"

"You know what happens to those that don't pay back to the Eldin Mafia," the Goron said, "you disappear from the face of Hyrule."

"Please, no!" the man cried, "I have a wife and four children!"

"Then give us what we want, chump!" a second Goron shouted. "Hey, you two!" The two Gorons stopped and looked over their shoulders to see another Hylian man behind them. "What do you want?" the first Goron asked, "We're in the middle of somethin'."

"I have an offer for you two," the man said, "and I'm willing to pay you guys big time."

The two Gorons exchanged looks as they dropped the other Hylian man to the ground. "We'll deal with you later," the first Goron said, "now go!"

Without hesitating, the Hylian man ran away. "So, what's the offer?" the second Goron asked. "I'm willing to pay 100,000 rupees if you people track down Princess Rhiannon," the man said, "last time I ever heard about her, she was heading for Gerudo Town. I want her current location."

"So, you have a personal vendetta against the princess too, eh?" the second Goron asked, "We hate her too."

"Oh, I don't exactly hate her," the man said, "I'm madly in love with her and I want her to marry me."

"Simpleton," the first Goron coughed. "I'm making Princess Rhiannon mine no matter what it takes," the man said, "I don't care if I have to hold her friends or an entire village hostage, I'm making her mine!"

"...Right..." the Gorons said in unison. The second Goron then turned around and pulled his colleague closer. "Are ye sure 'bout this, Roger?" he asked, "I mean, I know we're not law-abiding citizens but this guy's down badly for a woman!"

"Somethin' tells me he won't stop until we agree," Roger said, "we're gettin' a hefty amount of money, the Boss is going to be real happy about it."

"Fine," the second Goron said, "anythin' for the money."

"Alright, kid," Roger said, "you got a deal."

"Perfect!" the man said, "It was a pleasure to–"

"Hold yer horses, buddy," the second Goron interrupted, "you must hold up yer part o' the bargain. Once ya get whatcha want, we'll be waitin' for the money. If not, you will never be seen in this earthly realm ever again, ya understand?"

"I understand," the man said, "my name's Daron, by the way–"

"We do not care," the Gorons said.

Rhiannon tossed and turned in her sleep. She could hear her parents' voices but they sounded distant. She could also see a faint golden glow as her ears began to ring. "Rhiannon?! Rhiannon!" Dori shook her frantically until she woke up. "Huh?! What's going on?!" Rhiannon gasped. "Lurelin Village is being raided!" Dori replied, "It's the Eldin Mafia, they somehow found us!"

"What?!" Rhiannon gasped. She jumped out of bed and ran outside–she saw a group of Gorons sacking the huts nearby. "They're holding the villagers hostage!" Dori said. "Where's the rest of the group?!" Rhiannon asked. She looked over to see Tulin, Zya, Aya, and Koli being tied to a palm tree. "Hey! Let them go!" Rhiannon commanded. "Well, well, well... If it isn't the Heir of Hyrule," a voice made chills run down the princess's spine. She turned around slowly to see the nightmarish face of Daron in front of her. "You..." Rhiannon hissed, "Every time we meet, you just go a brand new extreme..."