Chapter 47: Judgment Day, Part 4 -- Bad Moon Rising

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MAJOR TEARS OF THE KINGDOM SPOILERS!!!!

CONTENT WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS GRAPHIC DEPICTIONS OF VIOLENCE!!

The RhiGang ran out of the main chamber, looking for an exit. Link removed the arrow from his shoulder–the arrowhead was dripping with his blood. "If we're inside the beast, shouldn't we look for the core?" Tulin asked. The others exchanged looks with one another until all eyes were on Link. "Let's get out, first," he said, "we cannot just jump into destroying this thing, especially if we consider that Joji said if this thing explodes, it can blow up half of Hyrule."

The ground then began to move. "I think this thing is rising out of the ground!" Rhiannon exclaimed, "We gotta get out!"

"There they are!" the Yiga spies' voices echoed down the corridor, "Get 'em!"

"Dad, can you fight?" Rhiannon asked. "Damn right I can," Link answered. "RhiGang!" Rhiannon shouted as the spies got closer, "We don't back down and we don't surrender! Let's get them!"

Fearlessly, the gang threw themselves into action.

"Please, have mercy!" Joji pleaded. He felt Ratna's malice covering his body up to his throat, then he felt how his breath was cut short and his bones began to crack. "What did you tell Rhiannon, Joji?!" Ratna asked, "Don't try to hide anything!"

"I told her how to destroy it," Joji answered, "the Beast has a failsafe that when activated will expose the core, but I didn't tell Rhiannon how to activate it...!"

"Idiot!" Ratna hissed, covering Joji with even more malice, "You never stop being a disappointment, do you?! I'll make sure you rot in the deepest parts of Hell!"

"Let him go," Ganondorf commanded. Outraged, Ratna let him go, dropping him on the cold sand. "T-Thank you, Lord Ganon," Joji stuttered. Ganondorf did not react, he kept looking down on him coldly. Joji then began grunting in pain–he looked up to see gloom leaving the Demon King's body in a similar way Ratna's malice would flow. "I warned you," Ganondorf said, "you have failed me too many times... It is time that you pay your debt to me."

Black spots began to appear on Joji's body. His heart was struggling to beat and he felt weak. "F-Forgive m-me, Lord G-Ganon," he whimpered. "That's Lord Ganondorf to you, worm," Ratna said. Within seconds, Joji fell dead on the sand. "How tragic," Ratna sighed, "I never liked him to begin with."

"So weak," Ganondorf crossed his arms, "had he been stronger, he would not have let Rhiannon cut off his legs. But he did... Just like Rhuma."

"I told you leaving me in charge of the Yiga Clan would be better than with that idiot named Rhuma," Ratna chuckled, "I'm not weak."

"You know that is a lie," Ganondorf said, turning away from her. "What's that supposed to mean?" Ratna snapped angrily. "Look me in the eye," Ganondorf answered, turning back towards her, "you are convinced that you are strong, but as soon as you are reminded of your past, you crumble so easily."

Ratna fell completely silent, her grin faded away as her purple eyes met his evil orange eyes. "You know you are not strong enough," he said, "Prince..."

"My name is not Prince!" Ratna roared angrily, her voice echoed into the darkness of night as the waves crashed into the shore, "Don't you ever call me Prince again! I brought you back to life, I can take it away if I want to!"

She clutched the vial of blood tightly, making Ganondorf flinch. "You wouldn't dare..." he hissed. "Wanna bet?" Ratna snapped, "Don't call me that name again."

There was a smirk painted on Ganondorf's face; Ratna gasped when she realized why. "You just proved my point," he chuckled, "you know you're weak when your past is brought up."