Chapter 10

"How did you even allow that thing?!" Rhiannon shouted during dinner, "That thing is almost half the size as Divine Beast Vah Ruta! I doubt it's truly Ganon-proof!"

    "Purah and Robbie are respected engineers, Rhiannon," Zelda said sternly, "they know what they're doing."

    "You saw how Dori's Guardian malfunctioned today! It nearly blasted her head off!" Rhiannon said, "It had to be decommissioned! You think that gigantic thing won't do the same?!"

    "Rhiannon, my little bird," Zelda sighed, "I am way too tense for this. I do not wish to continue this conversation any further."

    "Father!" Rhiannon said. "She's right, champ," Link said, "I know Robbie and Purah will not let us down. If Calamity Ganon returns, then at least the Mega Guardian will help."

    "Regardless, tomorrow we will head to the Spring of Wisdom," Zelda said, "we are making incredible progress. Slow, but still incredible. I always knew you had it in you, my little bird."

    "Thanks, mother," Rhiannon smiled softly. After dinner, Rhiannon headed to her room. She wanted to write something in her diary, but she did not have the energy to do so, so she went to bed instead. "I hate the Spring of Wisdom..." she sighed.

    By the next morning, the family headed towards the foot of Mount Lanayru. All three of them wore warm clothing to withstand the cold snow. "I'm already dreading this," Rhiannon groaned. "Something tells me the Spring of Wisdom will be what awakes your inner power!" Zelda smiled, "This must be it!"

    Link took the lead towards the top, ready to protect his wife and daughter from any threats. Now and then, Rhiannon would look at the top of the mountain, impatiently checking if the end of the route was near. "Rhiannon, come up here, please," Link commanded, "we need to shield your mother. This part of Mount Lanayru tends to be treacherous."

    Just as Link had predicted, the road to the top of the mountain became dangerous, with ice-breathing Lizalfos sprouting from the snow. "Y'know, it was a good idea of you to stop by Kakariko Village and get us some fire arrows!" Rhiannon said. "Always gotta be prepared!" Link chuckled, "Let's keep going, we're almost at the top."

    The skies became cloudy and it began to snow. Rhiannon flinched at the thought of having to sit in the frigid waters of the Spring of Wisdom in a plain snowstorm. "We're here," Zelda said, "the Spring of Wisdom, home of Lanayru, the Goddess of Wisdom."

    "I'll be out here," Link said, "Rhiannon?"

    "Yes, father?" Rhiannon answered. "Try not to fight with your mother, okay?"

    "Yes, father," Rhiannon nodded before going into the water. It was so cold that Rhiannon felt ice form around her garb. She could hear Zelda murmur a prayer, so she decided to repeat every word she would say. After repeating her mother's prayer multiple times, Rhiannon noticed a soft golden glow. She looked down at her hands to see it. "Mother! Look!" she exclaimed. Zelda flung her eyes open to see the golden light that came from Rhiannon's hands, but it disappeared after a few seconds. "T-Try it again!" Zelda stuttered. Rhiannon closed her eyes and tried to concentrate as much as she could to no avail. "Come on! You can do it!" she thought to herself. Once again, there was no result. She tried desperately but nothing would appear. "I... I got it..." Rhiannon said faintly, "for just a brief second, I got it..."

    "I thought this would be it," Zelda sighed, "I guess I was mistaken."

    She then headed out. "Wait! Mother!" Rhiannon ran behind her. "What happened?" Link asked. "I almost got it!" Rhiannon said, "It was for a tiny second but I got it! Mother!"