Chapter 16: Divine Beast Vah Rudania, Part 1

CONTENT WARNING: This chapter contains topics regarding S.A.

"What Divine Beast is nearby?" Rhiannon asked as she and Dori rode the Master Cycle Zero back across the Lanayru Wetlands. "Divine Beast Vah Rudania, if I'm not mistaken," Dori replied, pointing at Death Mountain in the distance. Rhiannon stopped the Master Cycle Zero and reached for the Sheikah Slate. She opened the scope and looked over at Death Mountain. Divine Beast Vah Rudania would circle it, splashing lava as it made its way around. "Hylia, we have to go up there?" she asked. "Yep!" Dori replied, "We have to visit our old pal Koli up in Goron City."

"Koli?" Rhiannon asked. "Yeah, you don't remember him?" Dori asked back, "About yea tall, Goron, descendant of Champion Daruk, a little bit of a klutz..."

Rhiannon then remembered the time 25 years ago she visited Goron City for the first time. Koli's face would flash in front of her eyes. "I remember him!" she exclaimed, "I stood up for him!"

"You, a Hylian, stood up for a Goron?" Dori asked. "The other Gorons were poking fun at him," Rhiannon explained, "they thought courage was measured in muscles when that is far away from the truth."

"Hey, look!" Dori pointed at something in the distance, "It's a stable! Maybe we can--"

Rhiannon hit the brakes aggressively when she noticed a person standing in the way. "Hey, bozo!" she shouted, "Why don't you--"

Both Rhiannon and Dori's jaws dropped to the floor when the person in front of them turned around: a dark-skinned Hylian man with a patch over his left eye. "Well, well, well," he said, "if it isn't the former love of my life, Princess Rhiannon."

"Daron..." Rhiannon gasped. "Well, if it isn't the sticky-fingered pervert!" Dori shouted, "Why are you still alive?"

"I have been waiting 25 years for my revenge," Daron said, "25 years have passed since the man that I admired and respected the most in my life did this to me!" he pointed at the patch over his eye, lifting it to reveal a large scar. "You deserved it!" Dori said, "Champion Link should have taken your life then and there!"

"I don't remember that..." Rhiannon said. "Oh, now you act like you have amnesia, huh?" Daron crossed his arms, "I know you remember that day!"

Memories began flowing through Rhiannon's mind like a river until she was able to remember.

25 years ago

"Would you stop following me?!" Rhiannon shouted as she walked around the shore of Kolomo Lake, "Take a hint! I don't want you near me!"

"I don't care if you love me or hate me," Daron said, "deep down you know we were made for each other!"

"How about you go and get a life, huh?" Rhiannon snapped, "You ruined my life--"

"Just like my mother ruined your life when she pushed me out of her womb, I know," Daron said, "why can't you give me one chance?! That is all I ask!"

"Never!" Rhiannon hissed, "No matter how many times I reincarnate in different lives, I would never give you a single chance!"

She then turned around and continued roaming the shore until she felt Daron's tight grip seize her forearm. "I want you to love me!" He shouted, "I've had to endure your hate for so long! I have given everything for you, and I want something in return!"

He then pulled Rhiannon close and forced his lips into hers. Rhiannon tried to free herself from the kiss, kicking him and throwing punches. She then poked his eyes using her fingers, freeing herself from Daron's grip. She rapidly cupped her hands together and grabbed some water from the lake, washing her face. "Did you like it?" Daron smirked, "I'm a great kisser, aren't I?"