Chapter 34: The Spring of Wisdom, Part 3

50 years ago

"Isn't this perfect, Link?" Zelda asked "Hyrule has gone back to normal! After everything we have been through!"

"Yes, it's perfect," Link sighed. They both stared at the Hyrule skyline from Sanidin Park as the sun began setting in the distance. "I missed you, Link," Zelda said shyly, "you have no idea how much I missed you."

"I'm sorry I took so long," Link sighed, "I only wished I had gotten there sooner. We spent 100 years apart."

"What matters now is that we are together at last," Zelda smiled, taking his hand on hers, "nothing will ever keep us apart."

The princess leaned forward slowly; Link mirrored her actions, slowly leaning forward as well until their lips met in the middle. Link pulled her closer by the waist as Zelda ran her hands from his shoulders to his chest. "I love you, Link," she said. "I love you too," Link smiled, "We should probably head home. We have that excavation mission in the morning."

"I am quite nervous," Zelda sighed, "I do not want to imagine what we will find down there..."

"What if it's another Divine Beast?" Link asked. "As I said, I do not want to know."

5 years later

"You got this, Link," he thought to himself, "you can do this. How hard can it be?"

"Link!" he turned to see Prince Sidon, Yunobo, Teba, and Lady Riju a few feet ahead of him, "You wanted to see us?"

"Where's Impa?" Link asked. "Excuse me, excuse me!" an old woman walked between them, "I'm over a hundred years old and I'm also Link's best friend! Let me through!"

"There she is," Link smiled. "What did you summon us for?" Riju asked impatiently, "I don't mean to be rude but I have other business in Gerudo Town to attend to."

"Okay, I'll just cut to the chase," Link sighed, "I... I'm going to ask Princess Zelda to marry me."

"What?!" the group gasped. "Link! That is wonderful!" Sidon exclaimed, lifting him in the air, "I am so happy for you, my friend!"

"Are you sure about this, Link?" Teba asked, "Marriage is a very serious step to take."

"I've been thinking about it lately," Link answered, "I feel like I'm more than ready for this."

"Also, you've known the princess for over a hundred years," Riju added, "it was about time–"

"About damn time you both got together!" Impa interrupted, "You should have seen those two when they were younger! Always butting heads! I knew they were going to end up together eventually!"

"That is so cute!" Yunobo sighed, "I mean... Yeah! Go for it, goro!"

"Go for it, Link!" Sidon said, "You know I believe in you! I know Princess Zelda will not turn you down!"

"Okay! I'll do it!" Link said confidently, "Wish me luck!"

The group observed as he headed into Hyrule Castle. With every step he took, he could feel his legs shake nervously. At last, he reached the sanctum. He spotted the princess talking to a group of maidens. "E-Excuse me," Link stuttered, "P-Princess, may I have a word with you?"

"Link? I thought you were busy," Zelda gasped, "and why are you wearing your old Royal Guard uniform?"

"T-There is something I must ask," Link cleared his throat, then got on one knee, "Princess Zelda, I have known you for a long time. The last century has been hard for us but there was not a time you were not on my mind, even when I could not remember who I was. I have loved you since the day I first saw you, the most beautiful creature in this world..."