Chapter 7

Rhiannon's Dairy #8

My father and I spent almost all day at Rito Village. My friend Tulin, who is the son of Rito General Teba, helped me perfect my aim a little more. I rode on his back while he soared around this thing called the Flight Range. General Teba was impressed at my sniping skills. Tulin and I may have also disobeyed our parents and went inside Divine Beast Vah Medoh--it was so cool being inside! It's like a giant room that can fly! Of course, Medoh and the other Divine Beasts haven't moved from their spots in 25 years, and also we got caught.

The real problems started once we got home. Daron began complaining about how my father and I "abandoned" him, he is such a cry baby he makes me want to violently smash his skull against a wall. His simple existence makes me furious. What did I do to receive this kind of punishment? Have I done something to anger Goddess Hylia this much? Is it because I haven't awakened my stupid sealing power? It's not like I care, anyway. Tomorrow morning, my father and I are heading to Goron City and I am very excited!

Soon-to-be skilled archer,

Rhiannon Amatola Hyrule

Rhiannon closed her diary and walked across to her bedroom. Before changing into her sleeping clothes, she sat in front of her vanity to brush her hair. Outside of the castle in the gardens below, Daron noticed the lights in the princess's room were on. "This is my time to confess to her!" he whispered, "I'll climb into her window and profess my undying love!"

He then began climbing up to one of the windows. Rhiannon continued brushing her hair when there was a knock at the door. "Come in," she said. "Hey, Rhiannon," Link walked in, making Daron stop in his tracks, "just wanted to check on you."

"I'm fine, father," Rhiannon sighed, "I was preparing to go to bed."

"Your mother is the one that sent me here," Link added, "she asked me to come over and check how you're feeling."

"She's taking me to the springs, isn't she?" Rhiannon asked. "After we return from Goron City, yes," Link answered, "we're going to the Spring of Power this time."

"Well, at least it's not the Spring of Wisdom," Rhiannon said, "I got sick after the first time we went up there, remember?"

"Luckily for you, the Spring of Power is located in the Akkala region," Link said, "Tell you what: if you promise me you'll behave and that you won't fight with your mother, I'll take you Guardian-hunting, deal?"

Daron listened closely as he held on from the wall, hoping for Link to go away. "Deal," Rhiannon replied. "Good night, champ," Link smiled, giving her a soft kiss on the forehead. "Good night, old man," Rhiannon smiled back. "Yes!" Daron whispered. Before he could make it to Rhiannon's window, he slipped down a few inches, attracting Rhiannon and Link's attention. "Did you hear that?" she asked, reaching for the Guardian sword. "Stay back," Link commanded as he drew out his sword, "it may be an assassin trying to break in."

"No, no, general... Go away!" Daron whispered. "Who's there?!" Link asked as he reached the window, "Show yourself now or regret it later!"

He looked down to see Daron clinging from the wall. "Who is it, father?!" Rhiannon asked, "Is it another pesky Yiga spy?!"

"Worse," Link replied, "it's a pervert."

"G-General, I can explain!" Daron said, "I was just--"

Link pulled him up with one arm. When Rhiannon saw who her father had pulled up, she hid behind her wardrobe, clutching her night robe as tightly as possible. "Give me a reason not to feed you to a Hinox right now," Link hissed, aiming the tip of his sword at Daron's neck. "I, um, uh," Daron stuttered, "I was patrolling...."