Chapter 17: Divine Beast Vah Rudania, Part 2

Rhiannon and Dori headed to the northern exit of Goron City. They followed a path that led them to the abandoned Northern Mine. As they turned a corner, they noticed a monster that spawned out of the volcanic ground, sucking in the air. "What is that thing!?" Rhiannon asked. "I don't know!" Dori replied, "Throw a bomb at it!"

The monster threw a fireball at them. "Take this, sucker!" Rhiannon shouted, summoning a round remote bomb from the Sheikah Slate and throwing it at the monster as it sucked in the air again. She tapped the slate to detonate it, making the monster blow into tiny bits. "Let's keep going before more monsters attack us," Rhiannon sighed. Dori followed behind, nervously looking at her surroundings. "Is this it?" Rhiannon asked. Dori looked over to see a sign that read "Abandoned Northern Mine: Authorized personnel only".

"I don't think we should go in there, Rhia," she said, "it doesn't seem safe."

"We have to find Koli," Rhiannon said, "I have a hunch."

"The only thing you have is a bad case of Hero-itis!" Dori shouted. "Hero-what?" Rhiannon gasped. "Hero-itis," Dori replied, "a disease in which you feel you have to be the hero all the time!"

"Well, duh!" Rhiannon said, "I was born from the Hero of Legend!"

"But you, yourself, are not a Hero of Legend, moron!" Dori said. "Pfft! Watch me!" Rhiannon laughed. "Whoa! Hey!" a harsh male voice shouted. Rhiannon and Dori looked over to see a yellow Goron miner running towards them. "You two can't be here!" he said. "It's fine, I'm the Princess of Hyrule," Rhiannon said, "I'm looking for a friend, his name is Kolibun."

"Well, I ain't seen nobody 'round these parts!" the miner said, "Now, turn around!"

"Help! Someone!" Rhiannon could hear a voice in the distance. "Did you hear that?" she asked. "I didn't hear nothin'," the Goron snapped, "now, get outta here."

"Dori, I heard a voice!" Rhiannon said, "I think it might be Koli!"

"You're probably just hearing things," Dori said, "your Hero-itis is causing it."

"I've been here for five days! Help me!" the voice shouted. Without hesitating, Rhiannon threw herself into action, reaching for her paraglider to catch some updrafts that lifted her into the air. "Rhiannon!" Dori shouted, "Are you insane?!"

Rhiannon did not pay attention, she continued making her way across the mine. "What're ya standin' there for?!" the miner asked, "Go stop yer friend!"

"How about you shut your big mouth and let my friend with Hero-itis do her thing, huh?" Dori hissed. "Hero-itis? Is it contagious?" the miner asked.

Rhiannon continued making her way as she followed the calls of distress. "Help! I can't breathe!" the voice cried, "I also haven't eaten anything!"

"I'm coming!" Rhiannon shouted. She followed the voice to an abandoned shed that was covered by large rocks. "Koli! Are you in there?!" Rhiannon asked. "Y-Yeah!" he replied, "Who is it?!"

"It's me! Princess Rhiannon!" she answered. "R-Rhiannon?!" Koli gasped, "You're back!"

Rhiannon tried blowing off the rocks with a remote bomb but nothing would work. "I can't get rid of these rocks!" she said. "Use the cannons!" Koli said, "That's the only way!"

Rhiannon turned around to see a black cannon. She moved towards it carefully, trying to ignore the scolding hot lava below her feet. She climbed into the cannon but noticed it wasn't loaded. "What if I use a remote bomb?" she thought, summoning a round bomb and placing it inside the cannon. Using the Lightscale Trident, she made the cannon rotate and aim it towards the pile of rocks. With her heart pounding, Rhiannon detonated the bomb, sending a projectile towards the pile of rocks. "Koli!" she called, running back towards him, "Are you okay--"