Chapter 33: The Spring of Wisdom, Part 2

As the moon reached its highest spot in the sky, Link approached the entrance to the Underworld. 25 years after he ordered it to be raided, it was still in the same spot. He took a deep sigh before walking into the cave, using the cane to support himself. The different people hanging around the hallways of the underground complex would stare at him in either surprise or disgust. Meanwhile, the RhiGang headed down the path across the Necluda region, entering the Faron region. "I hope it's not too late," Rhiannon sighed–their foot was stepping so hard on the Master Cycle Zero's accelerator that it felt like it would break off at any moment. "I do not appreciate how we're being chased by every monster in the region!" Dori cried, using her longblade to slash a group of Keese in half. "Rhiannon! Watch out!" Zya exclaimed, pointing at three skeletal monsters sprouting from the ground. "Crap! Stalkoblins!" Rhiannon exclaimed, "Zya! Take care of them!"

"On it!" Zya obeyed, using the Lightscale Trident to fend off the monsters, skewering the trident through their skulls until the bones collapsed. "Koli!" Rhiannon exclaimed, "Don't fall behind!"

"I'm trying!" Koli exclaimed, rolling faster. "We cannot let my father go into the Underworld alone!" Rhiannon said, "We have to hurry!"

"Hey, Taro!" Link looked up to see the two Hylian men from the village, "Link Senior is here!"

"Welcome to Hell, old man," Taro laughed, "seems like you're alone."

"I don't need anyone to help me," Link said sternly, "I can do this on my own."

"Get rid of that stupid cane then, old man," Taro said. Link hesitated briefly, deciding whether to comply or not. "I said get rid of the cane, geriatric!" Taro roared angrily, snatching Link's cane from his grip and snapping it in half. Link tried to maintain his balance, struggling to stand up straight. "You're dead meat, old-timer!" one of the Hylian men laughed. "You won't last a minute!" added the other. Link's legs would not stop shaking as he tried to keep himself on his feet. If he tried to walk, it would hurt, but he did not want to sit on the floor. To him, it would mean accepting defeat. "Father!" Rhiannon's voice echoed down the hallway, "Thank Hylia! You're still in one piece!"

Taro and the men began laughing as Rhiannon and Zya picked Link up. "I told you not to come," he said, "you disobeyed me!"

"Look at you! You can barely stand on your own!" Rhiannon protested, "I won't let you go there alone! We're doing this together!"

"Two for the price of one," Taro chuckled, "I'm going to have fun destroying you both."

"Alright, alright," Rhiannon saw a Hylian man approach them, which they recognized as the former announcer from 25 years ago, "everything is–well! If it isn't the Heir of Hyrule! Come back to reclaim your title?"

"You bet," Rhiannon said, "my father and I are here to put Taro in his place."

"Oh, the boss will love this!" the announcer said, "You were his main source of income! Who else did these people come to see? Nobody else than the Heir themself!"

"So, you had a reputation already?" Link asked. "Long story," Rhiannon sighed. "Alrighty," the announcer said, "Princess, since we can't use monsters anymore due to the Calamity, you'll be facing Taro."

"Wait a second," one of the Hylian men said, "Princess Rhiannon is going with their father into the duel! Taro is going alone!"

"That's unfair!" added the second man. "Taro is built like a Stone Talus," the announcer said, "he'll be good on his own. Again, guess who the people came to see."

He threw his thumb above his shoulder, pointing it at Rhiannon. "Anyway!" he exclaimed, "Everyone, go get your weapons! Let the bloodshed begin!"

"Two go in, one goes out!" the Hylian men chanted as they followed Taro out. "Father," Rhiannon said, "do you want–"