Chapter 42: Starlight, Part 2

TRIGGER WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS VERY GRAPHIC DEPICTIONS OF VIOLENCE 

"Happy birthday to me!" Rhiannon sang and giggled as she stood over the remains of a blue Bokoblin, "Love the smell of a rotting monster carcass in the morning."

"Lovely," Dori said. "Happy birthday to me," Rhiannon sang, "happy birthday to me, I'm gonna kill a Bokoblin... Happy birthday to me!"

Just as she put her sword down, Rhiannon saw Kail and Spot walking across the Big Twin Bridge, heading in the direction of Proxim Bridge. "I am glad that my fear did not come true," Zya said, "I was rather worried that the Mega Guardian would return that last Blood Moon."

"You think Ratna's powers get enhanced during a Blood Moon?" Koli asked. "We spent two or so days with her," Aya answered, "I didn't see anything. Did you, Zee?"

"Not really, no," Zya replied. Rhiannon's eyes were still fixated on Spot. "A tamed Bokoblin," they thought, "I mean, I tamed a Lynel..."

"Hey, Dori?" they said out loud. "Yeah?" Dori turned towards them. "You don't happen to know any monster enthusiasts, do you?" Rhiannon asked. "I do, actually," Dori said, "ever heard of Fang and Bone?"

"Fang and Bone?" Tulin gasped, "You mean the weirdo that always appears at night near Rito Village?"

"I have seen him at Zora's Domain, too!" Zya added, "He always positions his store by Veiled Falls!"

"People in Gerudo Town have seen that store too," Aya continued. "The guy that runs the Fang and Bone store is a huge monster lover," Dori said, "I've heard that he will buy any monster parts! And I mean any part..."

"Do you think a domesticated Bokoblin would fetch well?" Rhiannon asked. "Oh, Rhia!" Dori gasped, "You're not actually thinking of snatching that guy's pet, do you?"

"If it causes trouble, I will," Rhiannon answered, "Come on, let's go hunt more monsters."

Across the Necluda region, in Hateno Village, Link and Daron observed as Liam and his father began working on the sword. "Liam," the man said, "do me a favor and go find an opal. No... make it two opals."

"On it!" Liam said obediently, reaching for a pickax. As he prepared to leave the workshop, a young Hylian girl of about 11 years of age walked in with a book in her hands. "Hey, papa!" she said, "Are you working on something?"

"Not now, Jennie," the man said, "this is a special sword I'm working on."

Jennie then gasped when she saw Link standing in front of her. "Y-Y-You..." she stuttered, "Y-You're the guy from my history books! You're Champion Link!"

"I imagine you must be Jennie," Link smiled, "your brother and father told me about you."

"I never thought I would see you in person!" Jennie exclaimed, "Mostly because I thought you were already dead!"

"Jennie!" the man scolded. "Can I have your autograph?" Jennie asked, "Can I see the sword that seals the darkness? Is it true that you saved Hyrule twice already? How was it to have been friends with the Champions and the Champions' descendants?"

"Jennie! Leave Champion Link alone!" the man exclaimed. "It's alright," Link chuckled, "you know, Jennie, you remind me a lot of my daughter when she was your age."

"Princess Rhiannon?!" Jennie gasped; her eyes lit up like two stars, "Is she still alive? Is she with you? Are the descendants of the descendants still alive too? I heard Princess Zya became Queen of the Zora, is it true?"

"Yes, yes, yes, and yes!" Link giggled. "Whoa!" Jennie exclaimed, "What about your wife, Princess Zelda? What happened to her?"

"That's enough, Jennie!" the man shouted, "Go to your room and leave Champion Link in peace!"