Chapter 13

Previously on Chapter 12

"Even until now... I still don't get why you'd choose a wolf as a pet instead. When the first few months you have been talking about wanting an owl..." he said. I shrug my shoulders. "Things change... what do you expect? Even those trio change too. Okay... I'm tired. I'm heading to bed. Byee" I said. I stand up and leave without giving him a chance to speak. I don't wanna talk about it.

-Chamber Of Secrets-

Y/N P.O.V

We are currently sitting in class. I listen in silence as the Professor explain to us how magic is found and how its developed.

Apparently, there's this Wizard that comes from the Pure-Blood category that believes magic only belong to those who have true Wizard/Witches blood. This is what my dad believes and what he pushes on me and Draco. But I refuse to believe that. In my view, anyone could learn magic... ANYONE could be a witch or wizard. Regardless where they came from.

I zoned out a while later as it starts to get boring. I place my chin on the palm of my hand. I cover my mouth as I start to yawn softly. I'm never that fond with history. But I know who does... and that is the one and only... Hermione Granger.

I take a quick glance at the girl. Her eyes are full of excitement as she listen to the history given to us by the professor. I roll my eyes and focus my attention to the professor again.

Time-skip

I'm walking towards the field. I notice a crowd that has formed around something... or someone. I walk towards the crowd and squeeze myself through. It's my brother and the trio.

I can't barely hear what they're talking about among the murmuring of others. But I can make out what he said. He's calling Hermione "mud-blood." I let out a soft gasp. I was about to walk forward to stop him from insulting them any further, but stop mid-way as I recall what happened on our first year at Hogwarts.

Ron looks angry as he lift his wand and point it at Draco. "Eat slugs!" He said. But he got sent back from it. A moment later he starts to look pale. He throws up slugs. I gag in disgust at the sight, so I look away.

Harry and Hermione take him away. Probably they'll take him to Hagrid. I wanna go with them. But I stop myself before I could take another step, reminding myself how much of a horrible people they are. I just turn around and follow my brother instead.

Time-skip

I'm walking down the hallway. Then I saw a group of people gathering. I furrow my eyebrow in confusion and walk towards them. My brother is among them as well.

"Draco... what's wrong?" I said. He said nothing and just gesture me to take a look. My eyes widened in shock when I saw it.

"Chambers of Secrets has been opened. Enemy of the heir... beware" I said aloud. It's written in blood. I turn my head to see Mrs. Norris, Professor Argus's cat. She looks petrified as she hangs upside down by the tail.

My hand when up to my lips. "That's so cruel... who would do such thing??" I said. "That would be them" Draco said, pointing forward. I turn my head to look at where he's pointing, to see the trio.

"You guys again! Why would you do such horrid thing?" I said, glaring at the three of them. "But we didn't do it! I swear!" Ron said. I scoff at what he said. "Yeah right... no criminal will announce their crimes... or the prison will be full in a short amount of time! You guys are horrible people!" I said. Harry was about to say something, but he didn't get the chance to as Professor Argus walks towards us.

"Get out of the way! Make way!" He said, trying to walk pass the crowd. He looks at Harry. "Potter... what are you-" he stops mid sentence when he looks up. His eyes widened in shock when he sees his cat. "Mrs. Norris" he said, running towards us. He turns to look at Harry.

"You... murdered my cat??" He said, I can hear the anger in his voice. I just stayed silent, even though I'm angry with the trio. But deep down, I didn't want them to be in trouble.

Harry tries to deny it. But Professor Argus did not believe that. "I'll kill you... I'll kill you!!" He yelled. But before he could do anything to Harry. Someone steps in.

"Argus!" The person said. I turn my head to see Professor Dumbledore, Professor McGonagall, Professor Snape, and Professor Gilderoy.

Professor Dumbledore turns to look at Ms. Norris. Then he turns to look at all of us. "Everyone, please proceed to go back to your respective houses..." he said. I turn to look at Harry one more time. He looks at me with pleading eyes, as if asking me to believe he didn't do such thing. But I just look away and walk with my brother back to the Slytherin house.

We enter the house and make our way to the living room. I sit on the couch and my brother sits next to me. I lean my back and stare at the ceiling.

"What's on your mind?" My brother asked. I turn to look at him and shrug. "Nothing important..." I said, in a hush tone.

There's a moment of silence, until he breaks it. "You are thinking about them, are you?" He said. I let out a sigh and look down. "I'm sorry... even though after what they did... I can't stop myself from caring about them..." I said. I can hear him sighing. He wraps an arm around my shoulder and pulls me closer.

"It's alright... I know that it's hard for you, Y/N... I'll help you go through it..." he said. I lean my head on his shoulder. "Thanks, Draco..." I said. He tightens his arm around me. "You're my sister... it's my job to look after you..." he said, in a very soft voice. I smile to myself.

I move away from Draco and turns to look at him. "I will be heading to bed now... goodnight, Draco..." I said. "Goodnight, sis..." he said. I kiss his cheek and get up. I turn my body and head to my room.

I let myself fall onto the bed and wrap myself up in blanket. I let myself relax into the warmth and close my eyes. Then I slowly drift off into a deep sleep.

*to be continued*