Chapter 57

Previously on Chapter 56

I can't take care of her like I did before now that she's out of my reach. So... can I trust you with her? His voice echoed in my head. I tighten my arms around Y/N who have fallen asleep once again. I will always take care of Y/N, Malfoy... I swear.

-A Break-

Y/N P.O.V

Our 5th year in Hogwarts have come to an end. It's time for everyone to return to their own respective hometowns. Which means, this will be the first year break back as the new member of the Weasley's family.

Me, Harry, Ron and Hermione makes our way towards the train station. I carry my trunk with me as we walk in silence. I keep my head down as I want to make sure not to accidentally step on someone else's shoes because of how crowded it is.

I turn my head to the side, and make eye-contact with a pair of greyish silver eyes. My eyes saddened when I realize it's none other than Draco. We held eye-contact for a while, until he decided to look away. My heart tightens against my chest. I look down as I try my best not to start crying.

I feel a hand gently slipping in mine. I turn my head to the person to see it's Harry. He stares at me with a worried gaze. "Is everything okay, love?" He asked. I turn to look forward, trying to see if I can see Draco again. But he's not there anymore. I take a deep breath and turn to look at Harry.

"Yeah... everything's fine" I said, smiling softly at him. He seems unconvinced by what I said. But he didn't say anything. It makes me feel grateful that he won't try to pester me. I gently entwine our hands as we make our way inside the train.

We found ourselves an empty compartment room. I take a seat by the window. Harry places himself next to me after placing our trunks on the rack above us. I scoot closer to his side, placing my head on his shoulder. His arm gently drape around my shoulder, pulling me closer to his side. I smile softly to myself as I snuggle closer to his side.

***

I wake up to someone gently shaking my shoulder. I open my eyes and turn my head to the owner of the hand. "We are here, Y/N..." Ron said. I just nod my head and sit up straighter. I stretch my body to get rid of the stiffness after having to sleep in a sitting position.

I stand up from the seat and turn to Harry who do the same not long after. He reaches up and grabs our trunks. He hands mine to me. I smile softly at him and places a kiss on his cheek as a thank you.

We make our way outside. I turn to Harry and Hermione. "We'll see you both back at Hogwarts..." I said. They nod their heads at what I said. I walk towards Hermione and gently pulls her into a hug. She returns my embrace. "I'll miss you, 'Mione..." I said.

"I'll miss you too, N/N..." she said. I pull away from her. She smiles at me and turns around, walking away from the station. I turn my attention to Harry and wraps my arms around him.

"See you soon, Harry..." I said, leaning my head against his chest. I feel a soft kiss on the side of my head, as he tighten his arms around me. "I love you" I said.

"I love you too, Y/N... and see you soon" he said. I pull away slightly at look at him. He smiles and gently cups my cheeks. He leans in, gently pressing his lips against mine. I close my eyes as I slowly kisses him back. I tilt my head slightly, as my arms slowly went around his neck. I tighten my arms as I deepen the kiss.

We slowly pull away to breathe. Harry gently pecks my lips one last time, making me smile softly at him. I turn to look at Ron who's already waiting for me. I turn to Harry and give his cheek a kiss. I turn around and walks up to Ron. I wave at Harry one last time before leaving with Ron and Ginny who had just joined us.

"Finally... you both took forever" Ron said. I just roll my eyes at what he said. Ginny nudges him as if telling him to shut up. I let out a giggle at her gesture. The three of us make our way out of the station.

"Y/N! Ron! Ginny! Over here!!" Someone calls out for us. We turn our heads to the sound to see dad. A smile form on my face as the three of us walks up to him. He gives each of us a hug. His hug feels different from the hug I was used to get from father. While father's hug felt a little stiff and half-hearted. The hug from dad feels a lot more warmer.

We pull away from the hug. We head towards the car and get inside. Ron sits next to dad on the passenger seat. Me and Ginny sits at the back. I just lean my head against the window as the car starts to fly.

"Soo... how was school, you three?" Dad asked. I turn to look at him for a brief moment and turn my head away. Ron and Ginny starts to talk about their own experiences. While I just listen to them quietly.

"Y/N? What about you, dear?" He asked. I turn my head to look at him to see him looking at me through the rear view mirror. "Did something happened?" He asked again.

"Nothing much... it was okay" I said, in a hushed tone. I feel eyes on me and turn my head to see Ron turning his head to look at me. He looks concerned about me.

I just give him a small smile, trying to tell him that I'm alright. He look unconvinced by my reaction. But he just sends me a soft smile. He turn to father as he talks to him that the Dark Lord has returned.

The car went silent as the atmosphere around us grew tense. We're worried about how things will be like now that the evil dark Wizard has returned. Things will surely change for the worst.

The only thing I can hope for is that nothing's bad going to happen. But that's just me being naive. I mean... who am I kidding?? Nothing will be alright as long as HE is around.

*to be continued*