Chapter 69

Previously on Chapter 67

But I still wished Draco would be more open to me and let me know what's bothering him. Even though I'm no longer a Malfoy... he's still my brother, because nothing can severe a twin's bond.

-Dinner Invitation-

Y/N P.O.V

I'm sitting on the desk, silently listening to the Professor giving lectures. It's been a few days since I last attend the classes due to my sickness. Hermione helped me catch up on some of the subjects that I've missed. I'm so thankful because I manage to catch up and didn't get left behind in classes.

I glance at Draco who's sitting on the other side of the room. He have his chin on his palm, which is supported by his elbow. He looks deep in thought. He's clearly not paying attention to the lesson. I let out a sigh and turn my head away from him.

If only he'd just open up to me. But he's being secretive and every time I asked him what was wrong, he would either snap at me or just simply walk off without saying anything. I don't know what to do to help him solve his problems because I don't know what was wrong.

"Hey... the lesson have ended" someone said. I blink my eyes, snapping out of my daze. I turn my head to look at Harry, who's sitting next to me. "Are you okay, Y/N? You were not paying attention to class. That is so unlike you"he asked, worriedly.

"Uh... I'm fine..." I said. He looks unconvinced by what I said. I stand up and cup his cheek. "Really... I'm fine" I said. He let out a sigh and nod his head. I smile softly at him. I step closer to him, wrapping my arms around his torso. He instantly returns my embrace, burying his face into the crook of my neck.

Harry pulls away and place a quick kiss on my forehead. "Come on... let's get going" he said. I smile softly and nod my head. He gently holds my hand. I entwine our hands.

He turn to look at Hermione and Ron who are waiting for us. He gives them a nod as we walk towards the door. They smile at me and we start heading towards the Dining Hall for lunch.

I hear someone calling our names behind us. I quickly stops walking, making Harry also stops. I turn around to see it's Professor Slughorn who had called out to us.

"Is there anything that we can help you with, Professor?" I asked, politely. He smiles softly at us and turn to look at me. "Is there a problem?" I asked again.

"No... no no no. I was just wondering if you'd like to come to dinner with me. Harry and Hermione can come too" he said. I frown at what he said. I glance at Ron who looks upset that he didn't get invited too.

Ron notices the look on my face and turn to look at me. He just smiles as if telling me he's alright. But through his eyes, I can tell he's lying. But it would be rude to refuse an invitation from a professor. So the three of us agrees to come to his dinner invitation.

***

Harry and Hermione already head to dinner. While Ron and I are still in Gryffindor house. I'm all ready and good to go. But I'm still worried for Ron. Ron's sitting on the couch of the Gryffindor common room. 

"Are you sure you'll be alright, Ron?" I asked, placing a hand on his shoulder from behind the couch. Ron leans his head back on the couch's backrest to look at me. He smiles at me and lightly not his head.

"Yeah, I'm sure. Go on... or you'll be late" he said. I hum softly and nod my head. I lean down and give his cheek a quick kiss. The same thing I always do to Draco. I frown at the thought of him, but shakes my head. I shouldn't be thinking about him right now, or I'm going to spoil the mood.

"Alright... bye then" I said. He smiles and waved at me. I wave back while turning around. I make my way out of the Gryffindor's house and start making my way towards the place where Professor Slughorn is holding his dinner.

I notice Draco walking not to far from where I am. He looks like he's in a hurry. But aside from that, he looks pressured about something. I feel the worry spreading through my chest.

"Draco!" I called out. He stops walking and turn to look at me. I rush to catch up to him as he just stands there, staring at me with a cold gaze. But I can still see the pain in his eyes. It hurts me to see how much he's trying to hide it.

"What do you want, Weasley?" He asked. My heart sank at what he just said. It's true that I'm no longer a Malfoy. But I thought he promised that we'd always be siblings no matter what.

"You look stressed... what happened?" I asked, deciding to ignore what he just said a while ago. He rolls his eyes and cross his arms across his chest.

"That's none of your business. Stay out of my sight and business, will you? You filthy blood traitor!" He spat. He turns around and walks away. He didn't look back at all, as he speeds away. I just stare at the spot Draco stood a while ago. My eyes starting to get blurry as tears slowly gather in them.

Draco P.O.V

I lean my back against the wall once I made sure that I'm out of her sight. I lean my head back, staring at the ceiling above me. Tears starts to stream down my cheeks. I must have hurt her feelings because of my harsh words. But I don't have a choice... I don't want Y/N to get involved in my mess.

I lift my hand, covering my mouth as I slowly slid down on the ground as I start to cry. I feel like the worst brother ever. The look of pain is evident in her eyes. It makes me feel worthless.

I'm sorry, sis... I'm so sorry...

Time-skip

Y/N P.O.V

I enter the room where everyone is gathered. I've stopped crying, but I'm sure my eyes still looked like I just cried. I don't have time to fix that because I'm already late.

Harry turns to look at me and smiles. The smile instantly fades when he realize the look in my eyes. He stands up so fast that he made a loud creaking sound with the chair. He realize what he just did because everyone turns to look at him. He have no choice but to sit back down.

I turn my head to look at Professor Slughorn. "I... I'm sorry I'm late. I got a little side-tracked" I said, trying my best to keep my voice steady. Professor smiles at me and gestures me to take a seat.

I make my way towards the empty seat next to Harry's. I feel his hand gently slipping in mine under the table. I turn to look at him to see him staring at me with concern reflecting in his eyes.

"Tell me what's wrong later, okay?" He said. I just nod my head, without saying anything. He give my hand a light squeeze, before letting it go. I let out a sigh as I try to catch my breath.

My mind drift off to Draco. Even though he acted cold and as if he hated me. The look of sadness is shown clearly in his eyes. I can tell that he didn't mean what he said to me. Even though it still hurts. But mostly... I'm hurt that he wouldn't trust me, that he wouldn't tell me what was wrong when we promised to one another that we'd always have each other's back.

What happened to you, Draco?

*to be continued*