Chapter 43

Previously on Chapter 42

"That's my son! That's my boy... NOOOO!!!" He yelled as he falls next to his son's body. Harry just keeps crying. I wrap my arms around him. He instantly collapse on my body. He holds onto me tightly, desperate for my comfort. I gently run my hand through his hair as I try my best to calm him down. Everything that happened tonight is so terrifying.

-An Impostor-

Y/N P.O.V

Harry is taken away by Professor Moody. I want to go after them, but a hand grabs mine. I turn my head to see Draco. He have a stern expression on his face.

"Don't... there are people who works for father here. We don't want them to see you with Potter" he said. I turn my head to the direction where Harry had walked off to with Professor Moody.

"I'm sure at this point, Father already knows that I'm back with Harry. So I don't care what he's gonna do to me. He can disown me if he wants to" I said. I turn my head to look at Draco, who's staring at me with a shock expression. I yank my hand out of his grip. I give him a tight smile and turn around. I run off, going after Harry.

I hear a pained sound coming from one of the rooms. I furrow my eyebrow and head there. I slowly push the door open to see Professor Moody, hovering over Harry. He's pressing his finger on Harry's wound.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I yelled out. I push the door open and take out my wand. I use a spell and throw him towards the wall, sticking onto it. I glare at him and rush towards Harry. "Are you okay, Harry?" I asked. He nod his head weakly and leans his body against mine. I hug him closer, running my hand through his hair to give him the comfort he needs.

I hear a chorus of footsteps coming closer. I turn my head to the sound to see it's Professor Dumbledore, Professor Snape and Professor McGonagall. I hold Harry close as I watch as Professor Dumbledore instruct Professor Snape to pour something into Professor Moody's mouth.

Professor Dumbledore asked if the real Professor Moody is here, making me realize that the person in front of us is an imposter. The impostor turn to look at the chest Harry and I are currently leaning on. Professor Dumbledore gestures us to move aside. We quickly did as he told. He quickly points his wand at the chest, opening it.

All of us slowly approaches it. The chest is covered with a spell that makes it descent deeper. At the bottom of the chest lays the real Professor Moody. I hold Harry's hand as we share a look.

"It's polyjuice potion..." Professor Snape said. I turn my head to see him holding the Professor Moody's bottle of alcohol. We turn our attention to the imposter as he starts to change. Harry moves closer to the man. I try to stop him but he keeps walking closer. The man take one look at him and tries to attack him.

Professor Dumbledore instantly pushes him off. Harry holds me in his arm, as if the man would try to attack us again. I lean my head against his chest as I watch the man as he stares at us with a eyes full of hostility.

"Barty Crouch Jr..." Professor Dumbledore said, pining him down with his wand pointed at his neck. Wait... isn't he suppose to be in the Prison of Azkaban? If he's here... who was taken there??

"I'll show you mine if you show me yours..." he said. He rolls up his sleeve to reveal the dark mark. My heart beat starts to palpitate faster at the sight. I just tighten my arms around Harry and he do the same. Professor Dumbledore pulls Harry off me and make him show his injured arm to Barty Crouch Jr.

He smirks at everyone. He turn to look at me, and the look of evil in his eyes makes shiver run down my spine. "You know what this means, don't you? He's back. Lord Voldemort has returned..." he said. I feel my mouth went dry at what he said. The evil dark wizard has returned. It will only turn bad from here onwards.

Professor Dumbledore releases Harry who quickly went back to me, pulling me close. "Shh shh... it's okay, Y/N. There must be something we can do" he whispers, trying to calm me down. I just bury my face against his chest.

***

After what happened with Barty Crouch Jr,. Harry and I feels restless. But we know we can't stay together for too long. It's almost time for curfew and everyone needs to return to their respective houses. At this point, I wish I was sorted into Gryffindor instead of Slytherin. That way I can be with Harry.

Harry held me in his arms, just as we're about to return to our houses. He places a soft kiss on the side of my head. He run his hand through my hair gently. He gives me a light squeeze before pulling away from me. He places his hands on my shoulders.

"Try not to think too much about it, okay?" He said. I just stare at him. He looks scared too, but he's trying to mask it up with a smile. Even so, I can see through his facade. But I just nod his head.

I can't burden him with my fear. I have to be strong for him. If anything, Harry is the most affected one out of us both today. He just witness a death, and we have to come face to face with a killer who told us that the Dark Lord has returned.

He leans down and places a soft kiss on my forehead. "I love you, Y/N... we'll get through this together, okay?" He said. I just nod my head, giving him a weak smile.

"I love you too, Harry..." I said. He smiles softly at me and gently ruffle my hair. I smile softly at him. We give each other a quick kiss. We turn around and make our way to our respective houses.

A While Later

I say the password of the Slytherin house and make my way in. As I enter the living room, I'm greeted by Draco who's sitting on the couch. He have his arms crossed as he's seemingly waiting.

"What are you doing still staying up?" I asked. He scoff at what I said. He uncross his arms and stands up. He walks closer to me and leans down slightly to meet my eyes. He stares at me with a glint of anger in his eyes.

"I could say the same to you. I warned you, Y/N. Father is going to hear about this. About you and Potter. And you will be in trouble... " He said. I let out a sigh and turn around, making my way towards the girl's side of the dorm. Draco let out a groan at my action. "Hey! Don't go walking off on me, Y/N! I'm your brother and I'm only trying to look out for you. But you never listens!" He said.

"Yeah yeah... I hear you alright. But I'm just not in the mood to talk right now. See ya~" I said. I hear a frustrated groan coming from Draco. But I just ignore him and head to my room.

I let my body drop onto the bed, not even bothering to get change. My eyelids starts to get heavy. "Merlin... I hope nothing bad happens..." I mumbled tiredly. I slowly close my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep.

*to be continued*