Chapter 71

Previously on Chapter 70

Believe me, you DO NOT want to mess with Hermione when she's angry. That's how scary she is. If I'm not currently running, I would be shivering in fear at the thought of her angry face. Oh Lord Merlin... please protect me from her wrath.

-Slug Club Christmas Party-

Y/N P.O.V

I sit in front of the dressing table, trying to get myself ready for the party. I gently brush a comb through my hair, trying my best to get rid of all the tangles. I don't want to look indecent, especially since Harry is there as my date. I don't want to embarrass him by looking bad.

I turn my head to the side, noticing someone walks in. I smile when I realize it's Hermione. She seems ready to get going to the party. She smiles as she walks over to me.

"Are you still not ready?" She asked. I just nod my head. She hums softly and stops once she stands behind me. She gently take the comb from my hand. "Let me help you..." she said.

"Okay" I said, smiling softly at her. I turn my body to face the mirror. Hermione smiles as she gently comb my hair. She's truly like the sister I never have. While I don't have a sister, I do have a brother... but our relationship hasn't been the best lately.

"You're really pretty in that dress, Y/N..." Hermione said. I smile at her through the mirror. "I'm glad that I picked the best one..." she said.

"Thank you for your help, Hermione. I wouldn't have any idea what kind of dress to get if it weren't for you..." I said. She smiles softly at me, making me grin brightly at her. "You're the best friend I could ever ask for..." I said.

"Aw... stop it. You're going to make me cry..." she said, fanning her face as if she's trying to hold her tears. I let out a giggle at her action. I stand up and turn to face her. I gently wrap my arms around, embracing her in a gentle hug.

"I mean what I said, Hermione... you're the best. You're like my sister. The best sister figure" I said. She wraps her arms around my body, placing her chin on my shoulder. I smile and tighten my arms around her.

"We best get going now... we don't want to be late" she said, after pulling away. I nod my head in agreement. She offers her arm to me. I let out a giggle while shaking my head. I gently loop my arm around hers. She giggle along with me, as the two of us make our way out of Gryffindor house.

***

Hermione and I soon reach the party. I look around, trying to spot my boyfriend. "I wonder where is he" I said, still looking around.

"Where is who?" Someone said, from behind me. The sudden voice makes me jump in fright. I even let out a squeak. I turn around to see Harry standing close behind me. I notice him trying to hold his laughter from scaring me.

"Harry!" I scolded him, while gently hitting his shoulder. He hold the spot where I hit him as he let out a laugh. "You are so mean!" I whined. I crossed my arms while pouring at him.

"Awee... my baby is pouting~. So cute!" He cooed while gently pinching my cheek. I blush at his action. He laugh as he pulls me closer in his embrace. I bury my face into the crook of his neck as he held me close.

"Stop teasing me, will you?" I said, loud enough for him to hear. He pulls away and smiles at me. He gently cup my cheek. He slowly leans in, gently placing a soft kiss on my lips. I close my eyes gently kissing him back. I can feel his smile as we share our kiss.

"Let go of me!" Someone said, making me pull away from the kiss. I turn my head to see Draco getting dragged inside by Mr. Filch. I stare at him worriedly, as Harry place his hand on my back as a sign he's trying to keep me calm.

Professor Slughorn walks forward to see what's going on with them. Mr. Filch turn to look at him. "I saw this young man trying to sneak in... he said he's been invited by you. Is that true, sir?" He said. Professor Slughorn turn his head to look at Draco.

"Okay, I lied! I did try to sneak in!" Draco said. I frown at what he said. What's he planning? Why did he seem so desperate? Why can't he just share his problem with me? We promised each other... even though we're not as close as we used to, that we would have each other's back. But then he goes, making me worried for him and get himself in trouble.

I try to walk forward, but Harry gently grabs my hand. I turn my head to look at him. "Don't... look, Professor Snape can handle it" he said. I turn my head to see our teacher escorting Draco out of the party. I let out a sigh and look down.

"Hey, shh.. it's going to be okay. I'm sure your brother will be fine..." he said. I turn my head to look at him. He frown as he stares into my e/c eyes that are starting to well up in tears. He let out a soft sigh. "Come here..." he whispered softly, as he gently pulls me into a hug. I place my head on his chest as I start to cry.

"Why can't he just tell me what's wrong?" I said, as my hand clutches onto the front of Harry's shirt. I feel his hand running through my hair comfortingly. "We made a promised to always be there for each other despite all the things that's been going through... so why?" I said. My voice sounded broken, just like how my heart is. I wish Draco would trust me more, like how siblings supposed to be.

Harry P.O.V

It's evident how broken she is just from her voice. Y/N's truly hurt by the way Malfoy's been acting towards her. I bit my lips as I feel anger growing within me. But at the same time, I know that I couldn't fully put a blame on the guy. Whatever he's going through right now... he's trying to keep Y/N out of it. Not because he didn't trust her, but because he wants to protect her. Even so, I can't help but feel curious about what he could be planning.

*to be continued*

A/N: I finally have the time to update. I'm sorry for the long wait. You see, since last Tuesday, I started to work. Yep... I have a job now. From 8am - 5pm. So I don't have that much free time. I'm sorry for keeping you all waiting. Believe me... it's not my intention to do so. Stay tune for more! Love ya~