Chapter 83

Previously on Chapter 82

My eyes saddened. Harry pulls me into a hug. I just bury my face in the crook of his neck. I turn my head slightly and stare at the spot where Draco left. Draco... why can't you just leave those people? Just like I did. I don't want to watch you falling into the Dark Side.

-We Need To Protect-

Y/N P.O.V

Now that we have destroyed the diadem. They will come here, including HIM. We have to prepare ourselves for the upcoming battle. The time has come and the war can't be avoided any longer. We have to do everything we can to keep Hogwarts safe. We need to protect.

I look up at the sky to see a shield is being formed around it. The Professors must be the one who's doing this. I take out my wand and cast a protection spell as well. It might not be much, but I hope it can help... even just a little.

"Y/N..." someone said. I turn my head to see Harry. He smiles at me when he manage to catch my attention. He make his way over to me. He wrap an arm around my waist, gently pulling me closer. I wrap my arms around his neck. He buries his face into my hair, taking a sharp inhale.

I lean my head against his chest. "I hope no one gets hurt in this battle... but that's just being naive. It was nothing but a wishful thinking. Of course there will. Someone will d-die... it's inevitable..." I said. My voice cracks a little, as tears starts falling from my eyes as I said that. Harry gently rubs my back comfortingly.

"Let's not think too much about it, okay? We have to keep our heads cool... so we can focus on the battle ahead of us" he said. I pull away to look at him. He lift his hands, gently cupping my cheeks. "And remember... no matter what happened, I will keep you safe..." he said. He leans down, placing a soft kiss on my forehead. I close my eyes as he let his lips linger against my skin.

"I love you, Harry..." I breathed out. He pulls away from my forehead and stares into my e/c eyes with his green ones. He gently leans his forehead against mine as he caress my cheek softly.

"I love you too, Y/N..." he said. He leans down and place a kiss against my lips. I close my eyes, wrapping my arms around his neck as I kiss him back. I pour all my emotions into this kiss. Mostly fear... because I'm afraid that I might not be able to see him again.

We pull away for air, but still keep each other close. I don't want to let go. I'm scared of what will happen after this. Will we make it out alive? What if... the vision Voldemort showed me was true?

I close my eyes as I remember what I saw in that vision. Hogwarts are all in ruins. I could see everyone I know losing their lives.

"Y/N..." Harry said, softly. His voice makes me open my eyes, snapping me out. He gently cup my cheeks, wiping away the tears. "What's on your mind? Do you want to share it with me?" He asked.

I shake my head. "No... it's nothing" I lied. I can't tell him what the Dark Lord did. I don't want him to worry. He needs to focus on battling against him. If he's worried, it would be dangerous for his safety. I can't afford to let him get hurt. I don't want to lose Harry.

"Are you sure? You look a little troubled" he said. I feel touched at how observant Harry is. It means that he cares deeply for me. But in this kind of situation, it makes me wish he isn't so observant. I don't want him to worry too much about me.

"I'm sure, Harry. Let's focus on the battle, okay?" I said. He let out a sigh and nod his head. He pulls me closer for a quick hug, as someone calls out our names. I turn my head to see Hermione and Ron.

"It's starting..." Hermione said. I frown at what she said. The battle is starting. The Death Eaters and the Dark Lord himself has finally come. We have to gather there to help with the battle. We also need to somehow help Harry get closer to Nagini, the Dark Lord's pet snake. Nagini is the next Horcrux we need to destroy in order to defeat the Dark Lord.

The four of us rush to where the battle are. I have my wand out and ready to defend and attack the enemy. I have to focus. One wrong move could cause me my life.

I dodge an incoming spell. I turn to the person and shoot a spell right back. Harry helps me defeat the man. I turn to him and give him a soft smile as a sign of gratitude. He gently grabs my hand and pulls me along with him.

No matter how many we fought. The Death Eaters just kept on coming. There's no end of them. The people I saw through my vision was just a few of them. I didn't know there were more. This battle is gonna be a lot harder than I expect.

***

The Death Eaters decided to pull back for some reason. I just sit on top of a rock, staring into the distance. I feel so tired from casting so much spells in one day. I never knew it could be so draining.

I walk side by side with Harry. There are a lot of people who died. Everything is just like the way the Dark Lord showed me in my vision. He knew this would happened.

I stop when I reach a spot. George is crying. I turn my head to look at the person to see Fred. He laid on the makeshift bed. He doesn't seem to be breathing, which lets me know me that he had passed away.

Tears starts falling from my eyes. I turn to face Harry, burying my face in his chest. He wraps his arms around me, hugging me tightly. Ever since I got adopted by the Weasley's. Fred and George are one of the people from the family I'm closest to. So to see Fred laying there, motionlessly truly broke my heart.

Time-skip

I sit on top of a rock. I've stopped crying. But there are still tears in my eyes. I hear footsteps coming closer to me. I turn my head to see it's Harry. He walks up to me and take a seat next to me.

I scoot closer to his side, placing my head on his shoulder. "I wish I could have done something... anything" I said. Harry tighten his arm around me, trying his best to give me a sense of comfort. But my heart is too broken right now.

I place my hand on my thigh and feel a small bulge on my pocket. I reach inside it and take it out. It was the small box Dobby gave me before he died. I never looked what's inside of it. I pull away from Harry.

I lift my free hand and slowly open the lid. There's a light coming from inside the box, making me close my eyes tightly. Then the next thing I know, my body falls into Harry's arms as my surrounding slowly went dark.

Harry P.O.V

As soon as Y/N opens the box she received from Dobby. Her body falls limp. I quickly cradle her in my arms. I place my hand on her cheek, gently moving her hair away from her face.

"Y/N?" I said, gently patting her cheek. She didn't show any sign of waking up. I start to feel panic growing in my chest. "Y/N! Wake up!!" I yelled out, gently shaking her in hope it might wake her up. But she still didn't show any respond.

What's going on with her?

*to be continued*